First Model Year For ABS Brakes?

I have a 2009 R3 Standard that has factory ABS. Since I bought the bike as the second owner, I don't know if it was only available as an option but it does have factory ABS.
Ok this one is kind of hard to believe not that your wrong about it having ABS I am sure you would know especially if it had a ABS light can wee see pictures of her gauge set up and the ABS rings with the sensors. And pictures of the sticker on the left front frame tube showing vin and build date? I am just trying to figure out if it is a roadster and someone used the build date as the date of the bike on the title? That could be the mix up. Kind of like my 2007 was built in 2006 and titled as a 2007. I think they switch over to the next year in the middle or in the Fall.Again I am not trying to imply your nutter or anything like that although I am so I know crazy pretty darn good :D

Crappola! :banghead: You are right about it not having ABS... Unfortunately I don't ride it as much as the others and apparently must have forgotten it didn't have ABS like the others. Many thanks for the correction. The build date is September 2008 and it is indeed a Standard with the forward pegs and titled as a 2009.

I remember now that when I bought it used the listing stated ABS and I guess I never really paid attention and actually checked. My bad!

Very sorry for the confusion!

Last edited:
Well, that answers that I think. As for me, no bike had ABS till I got my 28th machine...

Crappola! :banghead: You are right about it not having ABS... Unfortunately I don't ride it as much as the others and apparently must have forgotten it didn't have ABS like the others. Many thanks for the correction. The build date is September 2008 and it is indeed a Standard with the forward pegs and titled as a 2009.

I remember now that when I bought it used the listing stated ABS and I guess I never really paid attention and actually checked. My bad!

Very sorry for the confusion!
Wow! Do you really own 5 rockets? 1 standard, 2 roadsters, 1 touring, and a new gt? Any pics?

You can't have a collection of one! I guess I am a bit obsessive compulsive... :whitstling:

Regarding photos, I will be in Myrtle Beach until early May so I will have to wait to get access to the Rockets then. I might have photos of some of the bikes and if so I will see if I can figure out how to post them. No photos of the GT though, I left it at the dealer for the duration of Winter since I'm really running out of room. FYI - I have a 2 car garage and had a good-sized shed built but both are full with the Rockets and other bikes and ATVs. I realize it's a terminal sickness...:D

Back