Favor please: bad vibration rear - 2020 R3R

Don't worry, my bike does it from the start, and the dealer is suggesting it's nothing to be worried about. According to them, a lot of Rockets does some sounds like this, because every machine is a little bit different and those covers on the exhaust system do this kind of stuff sometimes. Funny, huh? 🤣

Did u ask him if he would give u ear plugs

Filling this tank got real old. REAL QUICK. I ordered a good quality fuel grade rubber syphon hose/ hand pump/ with hose clip included, from AMAZON. ( There many to chose from. Choose carefully. Most are cheap crap. I keep several filled five gallon fuel containers in my garage. I fuel my bike up at home by placing the fuel container above the level of the bike, running the hose from the container down around the mirror, and throttle grip, into the bike tank so it can’t slip out. Test that it’s secure before pumping the siphon ball. I put on surgical gloves to avoid hand contamination. And roll up the drained syphon, storing it in a large ZipLock bag. Do it correctly and you’ll never spill another drop. 🙂
Why????

I hope you go through those 5 gallon cans quickly because todays ethanol laced gasoline goes bad/stale quickly....

You stated that the vibration disappears with the clutch pulled in which means it vibrates with the clutch released. I'm assuming that is with the bike in neutral and stopped, right? So, with it stopped in neutral and clutch released do the vibrations increase as you rev the engine? If so, check the clutch basket.

As already mentioned, could you take a video of the mirrors vibrating with the bike parked in neutral, clutch released and slowly reving the engine up and down? Sure does sound like something to do with the clutch basket. I think the new Rocket is equipped with a torque assist clutch assembly . Not sure if this would cause any problems though.

I agree with Gregger
At 6000 my 07 had a vibration at 3000 rpm (so did a lot of others) u lightly pulled the lever just a little and it straightened up the drum and took away the vibration. Now at 50000 it is a real vibrator seldom get to 100 mpr.
Hope u get yours fixed

Have you checked the date code on the tyre? There was a recall on some of early ones
6B692857-EE96-4834-A17C-0FB88081AD44.jpeg

I’m having a bad vibration problem with my 2020 R3r. Could someone who owns one 2020 or newer please check n see if their rear rim has balancing weights attached on it. Mine has none. Would greatly appreciate it 🙂
...been thinking about your vibration problem...have you adjusted your suspension at all?

Yes, it's not exactly a vibration though, hard to describe. It's like a super-mini tank slapper, handlebars are oscillating left-right around the steering axis, if you know what I mean.
Hello, greetings from Spain. I have seen this old post and the problem you describe is very similar to my Rocket 3R.
Did you manage to solve it?
I have it since July 2021 and the dealer says he doesn't notice anything.
I made a video so they could see the bug but I can't get them to accept it.
The video is published here too, it would be interesting to have your opinion.
Thank you very much and greetings.

Hello, greetings from Spain. I have seen this old post and the problem you describe is very similar to my Rocket 3R.
Did you manage to solve it?
I have it since July 2021 and the dealer says he doesn't notice anything.
I made a video so they could see the bug but I can't get them to accept it.
The video is published here too, it would be interesting to have your opinion.
Thank you very much and greetings.
I have the same vibration. Probably worse. The dealership also refuses to admit there’s a substantial problem. That’s pretty much business as usual for them. Dealerships have no problem mugging customers over regular maintenance costs. They want nothing to do with complicated trouble shooting problems. If your problem ( vibration) doesn’t show up via sensor, or diagnostic computer. You’re basically FK’d.

Back