Favor please: bad vibration rear - 2020 R3R

I have the same vibration. Probably worse. The dealership also refuses to admit there’s a substantial problem. That’s pretty much business as usual for them. Dealerships have no problem mugging customers over regular maintenance costs. They want nothing to do with complicated trouble shooting problems. If your problem ( vibration) doesn’t show up via sensor, or diagnostic computer. You’re basically FK’d.
That's basically the same problem with my dealer.
Buy I have contacted a judicial automotive expert and together with my lawyer we are going to demand that they fix it and pay the expenses.
These guys are arrogant.
Thank you again for your help.

Hello, greetings from Spain. I have seen this old post and the problem you describe is very similar to my Rocket 3R.
Did you manage to solve it?
I have it since July 2021 and the dealer says he doesn't notice anything.
I made a video so they could see the bug but I can't get them to accept it.
The video is published here too, it would be interesting to have your opinion.
Thank you very much and greetings.
Hi m8,

Not solved yet, but made some progress so far. They rebalanced the front wheel (got much better with that, but still there), changed the front tire (no effect). Then the winter came so I waited until the weather gets better and actually I'll be giving the bike to them on April 1st to continue with the troubleshooting and also mount on some accessories.
However, the dealer mentioned that they were solving similar issues with some of their other bikes (mainly retro models) and that it's often caused by suspension setup (sounds strange to me, but if it helps...). I had to wait until the weather gets better so they can ride it and observe any changes in behaviour, you know...
I really hope this will be fixed (along with the directional lights problem), never had a Triumph which does something like that and it's very disturbing for me (Rocket is my third Triumph)
I would definitely like to take a look at the video you mentioned, just don't see any link, but I'll search for it :)

Hi m8,

Not solved yet, but made some progress so far. They rebalanced the front wheel (got much better with that, but still there), changed the front tire (no effect). Then the winter came so I waited until the weather gets better and actually I'll be giving the bike to them on April 1st to continue with the troubleshooting and also mount on some accessories.
However, the dealer mentioned that they were solving similar issues with some of their other bikes (mainly retro models) and that it's often caused by suspension setup (sounds strange to me, but if it helps...). I had to wait until the weather gets better so they can ride it and observe any changes in behaviour, you know...
I really hope this will be fixed (along with the directional lights problem), never had a Triumph which does something like that and it's very disturbing for me (Rocket is my third Triumph)
I would definitely like to take a look at the video you mentioned, just don't see any link, but I'll search for it :)
Hi again. Here you have a Youtube link. The video is made in slow motion.
I have yet -three weeks- my Rocket at dealer and they said again, that nothing happens.
Yesterday they was visited for an automotive expert from insurance company.
He is convinced that the problem is real and was trying to mediate in the problem before go to lawyer solutions.
Sincerely, when I bought this bike, I thinked that was buying a flagship of Triumph engineering. Today still I'm thinking if the Ducati Diavel would have been a best election.
At least, at least you're getting something better on the bike.
Good luck, I'll keep you posted.

Hi again. Here you have a Youtube link. The video is made in slow motion.
I have yet -three weeks- my Rocket at dealer and they said again, that nothing happens.
Yesterday they was visited for an automotive expert from insurance company.
He is convinced that the problem is real and was trying to mediate in the problem before go to lawyer solutions.
Sincerely, when I bought this bike, I thinked that was buying a flagship of Triumph engineering. Today still I'm thinking if the Ducati Diavel would have been a best election.
At least, at least you're getting something better on the bike.
Good luck, I'll keep you posted.
Thanks for the link, I'll look at it asap. Anyway, wish you luck with your problem, I hope that a lawsuit solution won't be necessary and your dealer will do the right thing. Actually, when I was buying the bike, I though the same as you, Rocket is kind of a flagship of Triumph, so how come there's so many issues with it. I thought that after 2 years of selling these, they would actually know the problems and how to solve/eliminate them, I guess I was mistaken.
However, I'm not fond of Diavel, so that wasn't a choice for me :-D

Edit: Took a look on the video, seems the guy there has a different issue, his bike wobbles when hitting something bad on the road (pothole or some other damage), mine does it always at certain speed (70-100kph) and its like 3 secs of wiggle, 1-2 secs still and repeating. My wiggle is smaller though, you can feel it with hands on the bars and on the seat with your butt.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, I'll look at it asap. Anyway, wish you luck with your problem, I hope that a lawsuit solution won't be necessary and your dealer will do the right thing. Actually, when I was buying the bike, I though the same as you, Rocket is kind of a flagship of Triumph, so how come there's so many issues with it. I thought that after 2 years of selling these, they would actually know the problems and how to solve/eliminate them, I guess I was mistaken.
However, I'm not fond of Diavel, so that wasn't a choice for me :-D

Edit: Took a look on the video, seems the guy there has a different issue, his bike wobbles when hitting something bad on the road (pothole or some other damage), mine does it always at certain speed (70-100kph) and its like 3 secs of wiggle, 1-2 secs still and repeating. My wiggle is smaller though, you can feel it with hands on the bars and on the seat with your butt.
Thank you. Bike´s vibration seems like an unbalanced wheel.
Also I can tell you that at 3000 - 4000 rpm +- , the engine moves different. It feels in 3 gear or 4 gear depending of revolutions variation. These triple cylinders usually have a typical movement, because are not regular based engine. When driving at those speeds, it´s easy to run in that rpm range. But that should never affect driving or be a nuisance.

Thank you. Bike´s vibration seems like an unbalanced wheel.
Also I can tell you that at 3000 - 4000 rpm +- , the engine moves different. It feels in 3 gear or 4 gear depending of revolutions variation. These triple cylinders usually have a typical movement, because are not regular based engine. When driving at those speeds, it´s easy to run in that rpm range. But that should never affect driving or be a nuisance.
Well, I was thinking the same, then I put it to a test, and it does this regardless of the engine RPMs, when I pull in the clutch and let the bike coast, it's the same, so I easily ruled out the engine out of this equation for this issue. I'll let you know as soon as I get any feedback from my dealer - before winter we ruled out the front wheel (tire changed and rebalanced), so they will focus on the back wheel now and also on the suspension setup.

Well, I was thinking the same, then I put it to a test, and it does this regardless of the engine RPMs, when I pull in the clutch and let the bike coast, it's the same, so I easily ruled out the engine out of this equation for this issue. I'll let you know as soon as I get any feedback from my dealer - before winter we ruled out the front wheel (tire changed and rebalanced), so they will focus on the back wheel now and also on the suspension setup.
Ok. I did the same the first time with vibrations. Including turned off engine 🙄
Sure you are in the good way.
Our problems are like several episode of Stranger Things.

Hi m8,

I would definitely like to take a look at the video you mentioned, just don't see any link, but I'll search for it.
Hi m8,

My dealership refuses to test my bikes vibration issue. They site legal issues with exceeding speed levels . Both safety, and liabilities. Both convenient excuses to not prove why their flagship bike is completely incapable of preforming to the specifications they assured me it was capable of at the point of sale. I will be out of pocket, and independently taking my bike to a facility which is capable of fully testing its full speed, and engine rpm’s legally, and safely on a dynamometer. The technician will test, record, and
Again......bring your bike up to speeds far surpassing legality in your region.
my bike vibrates at any speed. But progressively gets worse with speed& rpm’s. The vibration completely vanishes when the clutch is disengaged. So what’s left except the engine ?

My dealership refuses to test my bikes vibration issue. They site legal issues with exceeding speed levels . Both safety, and liabilities. Both convenient excuses to not prove why their flagship bike is completely incapable of preforming to the specifications they assured me it was capable of at the point of sale. I will be out of pocket, and independently taking my bike to a facility which is capable of fully testing its full speed, and engine rpm’s legally, and safely on a dynamometer. The technician will test, record, and

Again......bring your bike up to speeds far surpassing legality in your region.

my bike vibrates at any speed. But progressively gets worse with speed& rpm’s. The vibration completely vanishes when the clutch is disengaged. So what’s left except the engine ?
It could be that your clutch is not properly adjusted and is doing forwards to the engine.
I have also thought that it may be that the cardan transmission is abrupt due to some part. Or maybe the engine, which on our bikes is also the chassis, is not properly secured, although that would be very rare.
They always talk to me about suspensions and I have read that many people do not like the rear shock absorber.

It could be that your clutch is not properly adjusted and is doing forwards to the engine.
I have also thought that it may be that the cardan transmission is abrupt due to some part. Or maybe the engine, which on our bikes is also the chassis, is not properly secured, although that would be very rare.
They always talk to me about suspensions and I have read that many people do not like the rear shock absorber.
I figure the only way I’ll be able to demonstrate to someone else the severity of the vibration is to test my bike on a dynamometer, and have the technician verify that it’s actually dangerous to ride at high speeds. I’m already looking into places that do this. But as of yet haven’t insured my bike .

Back