Favor please: bad vibration rear - 2020 R3R

Update :)
So, I took my bike from the dealer yesterday, it looks like they solved all issues except the 70-100kph "shake" (not calling it vibration anymore, it's more like shaking, also it's not all the time. 2s shake, 1-2secs calm and repeat). However, they ordered a replacement for the back tire, tried to mess up with the suspension a bit, so we'll see. Also, they offered me to borrow a demo bike, for comparison (seems logical and I was about to suggest that myself, to see if that bike is clean or doing the same thing). Interesting fact, a mechanic who was performing the attempts to fix it was more concerned about the shaking the bike does when engine braking, which I never suspected weird, given the engine size and "puf puf" it does while engine braking :-D So he aknowledged there seems to be something off on my bike and kind of taken it as his personal effort to fix that for me.
I'll keep you posted on any progress in this matter as soon as there will be some ;-)
So how was the ride on the demo bike in comparison?
-MIG

It´s nice to hear you are progressing with the issues. Mine was a month at dealer with the same problem in front end. The handlebar shakes at low speeds around 40 to 100 km/h.
I called an automotive insurance expert, to determine if there was something wrong. Triumph sended him 15 points of checking to making some measures.
He said there was not much problems, only 1,5 milimeters of difference in fork fasteners.
Mechanic tightened a few screws but there had not much difference. Dealer also checked all the tyre imperfections with a microgram machine.
Actually I´m bored because this takes a lot of my time. I have to go to another dealer to find a demo bike, like you do. It is far away from my town.

My Rocket 3R is 2021 model.
I used Col and Zig´s suspension adjustment, from Youtube and bike runs smoother, but the shaking is like a torture reminder. I´m considering to install a steering dumper but I´m sure that the problem is a combination of poor strength, size or poor quality of fork bearings.
Good luck and thanks to share.

It´s nice to hear you are progressing with the issues. Mine was a month at dealer with the same problem in front end. The handlebar shakes at low speeds around 40 to 100 km/h.
I called an automotive insurance expert, to determine if there was something wrong. Triumph sended him 15 points of checking to making some measures.
He said there was not much problems, only 1,5 milimeters of difference in fork fasteners.
Mechanic tightened a few screws but there had not much difference. Dealer also checked all the tyre imperfections with a microgram machine.
Actually I´m bored because this takes a lot of my time. I have to go to another dealer to find a demo bike, like you do. It is far away from my town.

I used Col and Zig´s suspension adjustment, from Youtube and bike runs smoother, but the shaking is like a torture reminder. I´m considering to install a steering dumper but I´m sure that the problem is a combination of poor strength, size or poor quality of fork bearings.
Actually, I picked up the bike from the dealer yesterday, after a month they had it. You're not alone m8. And the issue is still not fixed, hopefully if they give me a new rear tire, it will be the solution, I'm really running out of ideas. Also, I necroed a thread where a guy had the exact same problem I have, so you can take a look, he described it quite perfectly in his post. His problem was the front tire, which I had already changed with no results....

Update :)
So, I took my bike from the dealer yesterday, it looks like they solved all issues except the 70-100kph "shake" (not calling it vibration anymore, it's more like shaking, also it's not all the time. 2s shake, 1-2secs calm and repeat). However, they ordered a replacement for the back tire, tried to mess up with the suspension a bit, so we'll see. Also, they offered me to borrow a demo bike, for comparison (seems logical and I was about to suggest that myself, to see if that bike is clean or doing the same thing). Interesting fact, a mechanic who was performing the attempts to fix it was more concerned about the shaking the bike does when engine braking, which I never suspected weird, given the engine size and "puf puf" it does while engine braking :-D So he aknowledged there seems to be something off on my bike and kind of taken it as his personal effort to fix that for me.
I'll keep you posted on any progress in this matter as soon as there will be some ;-)
I just insured mine. Took it for one short ride. Hands went numb, even wearing gel filled vibration dampening gloves. Weather’s cold n miserable round here. I’ll begin my journey to seeking resolutions on this **** thing soon as it’s nicer out. Thx for the updates buddy👍

I’m personally not buying Triumphs excuse that they don’t know what’s causing these vibration issues. Especially ones as bad as mine. Engineers at Triumph must have several examples of these problems. And I don’t believe for a minute they’ve not figured out what’s causing them. I think this is more an issue of dealerships not wanting to eat the shop time, and parts to resolve it.

I just insured mine. Took it for one short ride. Hands went numb, even wearing gel filled vibration dampening gloves. Weather’s cold n miserable round here. I’ll begin my journey to seeking resolutions on this **** thing soon as it’s nicer out. Thx for the updates buddy👍
You're welcome, I'll keep you posted even though I think that we have different cause of our issues, you'll never know :)
Best of luck to you m8 ;)

I’m personally not buying Triumphs excuse that they don’t know what’s causing these vibration issues. Especially ones as bad as mine. Engineers at Triumph must have several examples of these problems. And I don’t believe for a minute they’ve not figured out what’s causing them. I think this is more an issue of dealerships not wanting to eat the shop time, and parts to resolve it.
but dealers get paid while working on warranty issues, no? I also heard that they get paid 1.5 times their normal labor while working on warranty issues.

but dealers get paid while working on warranty issues, no? I also heard that they get paid 1.5 times their normal labor while working on warranty issues.
Not what my dealer stated. They get paid at Triumphs agreed on rate and not the dealers hourly rate or assigned rate for a specific job.. My shop said they have to jump through hoops just to get Triumph to sign off on a warranty issue and then pay much less than the dealers hourly rate. Living in Cal the hourly rate is very high. I don't have the numbers but I believe it's around $150.00 an hour or even higher. Triumph won't pay that high so that is why dealers don't like warranty work. So in essence, Triumph fu*** the dealer and the dealer fu*** the customer. :thumbsup:

I’m not sure how they get paid for warranty work. If what you describe is true you would think they’d jump at the opportunity. That’s not been my experience at any shop. Instead all I ever hear is...” Oh that’s normal.” Or...” We looked, but didn’t find anything wrong.”

Back