Thanks for the responses. I will do some digging. I already have a wide Clearview vented shield with be different’s deflectors.
It’s a good setup. I just like the more seamless look of a fairing.

Does the vented shield really make a difference? Can you feel the difference when you open or close it? How does it work in the rain?

I hate to admit it, but the fairing I have isn't any better than the OEM windshield. I get wind from below. I like the looks, but function of fairings isn't that great.

I have to agree Chip. My friends seem to think I should just ride in my truck and pull the bike behind me. I don't like being cold...I'm going to be cold a long time under the ground, so I like to be warm and dry as long as I'm above it.

Off topic....Someday I going to get around to fabricating some lowers for the fronts of my shins and around my feet so they stay warmer in the cold. I did buy some Spidi H2O pants and I have to say they are really great for rain and cooler temps. I wore them with just gym shorts on underneath the other night and they really do the trick. Sadly, they have absolutely no pockets.

After having the tall triumph, windshield, I purchased a Clearview tall w/4" extra width and vent and recurve.... mounted just before Maggie Valley trip, 10 mph higher speed before heavy buffeting, very dry for just a windshield, very happy w/shield. Was spoiled having a windjammerIII on a 75' G'wing...Wish they made one for a R3T...:(:(:(

Sorry for the delayed response. Yes the vent helps with airflow and I really don’t get caught in the rain very often, but if I did, I would simply close it.
They make great shields. I had one on my Nomad before this bike.
I don’t see me spending huge bucks for a fairing. I think I’ll keep what I have.

Wide Open Fairings makes one for the Rocket: Triumph Rocket 3 Fairing Custom Made by Wide Open Custom

I did an article on these guys and seems like a quality product. Really nice people.
I did a follow up on Wide Open Custom's web site. The first picture shows a R3T with a flame paint job. This bike has my style of fairing. I.E. 4 speakers. The new style they sell is still $800.00. The difference is NO RADIO! Totally changes my opinion. Over priced with this package.

Back