Jim Wissmiller

.020 Over
Ride
07 V-rod and 06 Rocket 3 classic
Hey anybody out there running Dain's exhaust pipe. Wondering about it and haven't heard any good or bad. Thanks, Jim

'Tis interesting about Rockets in the internet. We are an eclectic bunch - we Captains - and some among us don't like to participate in fora, for whatever reason.

Word has it that Dain has sold "a whole bunch" of these, and there haven't been reports that I have found on here.

I like mine though.

'Tis interesting about Rockets in the internet. We are an eclectic bunch - we Captains - and some among us don't like to participate in fora, for whatever reason.

Word has it that Dain has sold "a whole bunch" of these, and there haven't been reports that I have found on here.

I like mine though.
Thanks Paul. I wanted positive talk before I buy one. Thanks again. Jim

Hey anybody out there running Dain's exhaust pipe. Wondering about it and haven't heard any good or bad. Thanks, Jim
I've got one on my 06 Classic. I like the sound of it. The only downside is a piece o flex pipe used to connect the stock manifold to the slip on. Also, the cover over the transition from manifold to muffler is the stock one which is made for the two pipes , rather than the single. It looks kind of goofy. I have been considering trimming it to fit.
I'm probably going to buy a header at some point so I'll be replacing it. I didn't like the 3 pipe look or sound of the stock system , even with the cat bypass.

I've got one on my 06 Classic. I like the sound of it. The only downside is a piece o flex pipe used to connect the stock manifold to the slip on. Also, the cover over the transition from manifold to muffler is the stock one which is made for the two pipes , rather than the single. It looks kind of goofy. I have been considering trimming it to fit.
I'm probably going to buy a header at some point so I'll be replacing it. I didn't like the 3 pipe look or sound of the stock system , even with the cat bypass.

I offer another option for both slip on mufflers, and complete systems.
The slip on unit is made with out the need for a flex tube, which I personally consider a sub-standard means of attaching the Muffler.
This is a complete kit that includes a well made, stylish cover for the joint between header and muffler.
See www.facebook.com/vikingexhaust

DSC00207A.jpg

A1.jpg

My replacement header.

47186_72ac32c92c9794519058487cbc347164.jpg

Last edited:
Back