Exhaust options

DANNO

.060 Over
I have been looking at the Jardine or Mad Dog exhaust systems. I really like the way they both look especially the jardines with the header. I am running TOR's now and they don't really have a mellow throaty sound, a little harsh and raspy to me. If anyone can give me some advice on what the Jardines sound like I would appreciate it. I don't want to shell out a G-note on pipes without hearing them, but no one around here has anything that I can compare to. Thanks, Danno

So many R3s but no Jardines

You're lucky enough to hear others???

I've not seen or heard another Rocket III in my neck of the woods EVER! RAT Reunion this past weekend was a total bust, from my observations of Triumphs. Steaks and ribs were awesome.

Sardeens

I have a friend in colo.that has them..I think they sound better than any thing out there..My 2 cents..Have heard they don't fit quite as good as they sound. Just to much money for old Jack the cheap skate.

haven't heard the maddogs, but i like going back to the 3 pipes. i have the jadines and they sound great. in fact i get people on other bikes commenting on the sound. you'll be happy with the songs they put out. i thought the tors were way too loud and sortof sounded like a car with the muffler off.

There are several exhaust sound and video clips here.

Link Removed

Rumor has it there is going to be another performance exhaust system coming out for the Rocket in the next few weeks. You might want to hold onto your $$$ until then.

haven't heard the maddogs, but i like going back to the 3 pipes. i have the jadines and they sound great. in fact i get people on other bikes commenting on the sound. you'll be happy with the songs they put out. i thought the tors were way too loud and sortof sounded like a car with the muffler off.

If anything, Jars are louder - smoother sounding but louder.

Thanks for the link to the sound clips. On my $15 computer speakers (spend all my money on kids and motorcycles)the Jardine exhaust sounds better than the Mad Dogs. I think the header looks cool also. With everyone saying that they don't fit well maybe I'll have to think about it some more.:confused:

You a dentist?

You can't "pull" 'em, you got to drill them. I wonder if the old pipe down the muffler and a 5 pound drilling hammer method works? It did wonders for the catalytic convertor on my car. Pounded the tar out of it, started the engine up and blew all the 'stuff" out the tail pipe. Runs a lot better now.:D The crap the gummit comes up with to choke the power from our engines....un called for.:)

Back