Event for drag racers in PNW

I raced exactly as I street ride last I was there, I wanted as close to "street trim" as it could be.

For this event the pressure will come down a good bit, probably start at 25 and adjust from there, I may even strap the front.
Gonna be interested in what it takes to get grip and what rpm you launch at

Launching will be 3500, the trick on drag racing a rocket is the part right after that.

Too fast opening it spins and does a bad 60, too slow it does a bad 60, to fast throttle and too fast clutch if stands up. Lol.

Last I was on track I was trying a Ricky Gadson technique, essentially get the clutch out as fast as you can without lifting the front. By the time the clutch is all the way engaged you should be simultaneously reaching WOT. This technique is both difficult and scary as hell on a rocket. If you watch his videos you'll see the 14rs can do it in the first 20 feet, which is what I was trying to do.

For me, it resulted in spin in 1st every time even on a VHT prepped track with a new Avon that was getting burned down pretty hard to get it hot.

This trip will be a much more conservative launch method, don't event go for full power in 1st, just progressively open it and try to hit WOT right before shifting to 2md, shift, then pin it and never let off until the line (quick shifter).

Launching will be 3500, the trick on drag racing a rocket is the part right after that.

Too fast opening it spins and does a bad 60, too slow it does a bad 60, to fast throttle and too fast clutch if stands up. Lol.

Last I was on track I was trying a Ricky Gadson technique, essentially get the clutch out as fast as you can without lifting the front. By the time the clutch is all the way engaged you should be simultaneously reaching WOT. This technique is both difficult and scary as hell on a rocket. If you watch his videos you'll see the 14rs can do it in the first 20 feet, which is what I was trying to do.

For me, it resulted in spin in 1st every time even on a VHT prepped track with a new Avon that was getting burned down pretty hard to get it hot.

This trip will be a much more conservative launch method, don't event go for full power in 1st, just progressively open it and try to hit WOT right before shifting to 2md, shift, then pin it and never let off until the line (quick shifter).
That’s what that pro streeter I was talking too said, the torque on a rocket especially a built rocket is something you gotta deal with also, it will be interesting to know how low you end up going on that rear tire. Just go strait and fast lol or launch hope and hold on

Love the bad 60 part

What kind of quick shifter are you using?

He makes it look so easy, his reaction times are incredible 0.06 on the 9.8 world record in India going down to 18lbs to get some traction. That’s incredible using a clutch

They do make it look easy right?

I'll be needing some seat time to practice probably the friday before the event at my local track.

Back