Event for drag racers in PNW

Claviger

Aspiring Student
Ride
'21 Z H2, '14 R3R, '02 Daytona 955i
Well this showed up on my Facebook feed today:
Screenshot_20190812-062300_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20190812-112235_Facebook.jpg

From what I'm finding on the net, 9.2-9.3 seems to be about the benchmark required to reliably knock-out strapped tuned, piped 1000s on stock wheel base (unless a ringer pro is riding). Should be possible.

Last edited:
Just FYI, drag race with even barely comparable machine is usually won or lost at start line. Reaction time and human/vehicle launch abilities can overcome some pretty severe handicaps.

In other words, if you are serious, go flog your bike at the track. Use the same tree (sportsman vs pro) that the event will use.

I've had it on track before, it's a pro tree, something I've run in the past.

It'll really come down to who, not what, is coming. There are plenty of 8.x SWB bike records out there, but most people can't do it, so we'll see i guess :p

The reason I think low 9s won't be trouble is this result from ET-MPH-HP Calculator If I can improve my 60' from a laughable 2.2, and actually being able to hit 4th without grinding (last time at track my trans was not right), I should be able to get to within .5 ET of theory.

This is what it predicts for 940lb/190hp, I ran 10.7 @ 137 spinning through all of 1st gear on every run.
Your ET / MPH computed from your vehicle weight of 940 pounds and HP of 190 is 9.93 seconds and MPH of 136.16 MPH.

This is what it predicts for 920lb/260hp, new weight, power level pending verification once re-assembled.
Your ET / MPH computed from your vehicle weight of 920 pounds and HP of 260 is 8.88 seconds and MPH of 152.25 MPH.

When I was at the Burt Munro Challenge in Feb this year the fastest bike was a 2019 VMax which had after market pipes. And wheelie bar.

The guy who owns it did a 9.5 run.

Another guy from South Africa who races drag bikes did one run and got an 8.81 run out of it.

Rules in New Zealand are street bikes are not allowed to go faster than 150 mph at events.

Rules are made to be broken.

The reason I think low 9s won't be trouble is this result from ET-MPH-HP Calculator If I can improve my 60' from a laughable 2.2, and actually being able to hit 4th without grinding (last time at track my trans was not right), I should be able to get to within .5 ET of theory.

This is what it predicts for 940lb/190hp, I ran 10.7 @ 137 spinning through all of 1st gear on every run.
Your ET / MPH computed from your vehicle weight of 940 pounds and HP of 190 is 9.93 seconds and MPH of 136.16 MPH.

This is what it predicts for 920lb/260hp, new weight, power level pending verification once re-assembled.
Your ET / MPH computed from your vehicle weight of 920 pounds and HP of 260 is 8.88 seconds and MPH of 152.25 MPH.
Rob what rear tire pressure how low do you go when you’re running 1/8 or 1/4 mile runs on the track

I raced exactly as I street ride last I was there, I wanted as close to "street trim" as it could be.

For this event the pressure will come down a good bit, probably start at 25 and adjust from there, I may even strap the front.

Back