Electrical ports ???

azmerlin

.020 Over
Ride
T Rocker III
Hi,
Just had my 2016 delivered yesterday and don't even have insurance yet, but I wanted to start playing with it so my questions for now are;
1. If I got a genuine Triumph alarm, where does it plug in?
2. I don't currently have heated grips, I want to add some, first, any recommendation, re make of grips, also, are there any power ports around the clocks I can use for this.
3. OK, I understand there is a wire from the loom for the grips, but can't find it, can someone, please upload a picture of where I can find this.

Cheers

Last edited:
WELCOME!! from Miami, Florida... I don't have an alarm and use the OEM Triumph heated grips (which are no longer available but there are other aftermarket options.). For the USB outlet, I use a Kurakyn 1688 USB Power Source mounted on my handlebars wired directed to the battery (with an inline fuse); as seen here. Now prepare yourself for your new permanent grin and be sure to share a photo or two. :cool:
-MIG

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
WELCOME!! from Miami, Florida... I don't have an alarm and use the OEM Triumph heated grips (which are no longer available but there are other aftermarket options.). For the USB outlet, I use a Kurakyn 1688 USB Power Source mounted on my handlebars wired directed to the batter (with an inline fuse); as seen here. Now prepare yourself for your new permanent grin and be sure to share a photo or two. :cool:
-MIG
Thanks, sadly doesn't seem I can get this in the UK.

I have a question re original Datatool alarms, I have found someone on eBay who is selling original Triumph alarms but for other bikes such as Daytona, Sprint and others, but rather than £300, they are selling for around £110, is there a real difference between them, as they all seem to look the same??

Back