Electrical Gremlins Part 4

More than likely it is the starter solenoid ....
U might want to do the toy upgrade starter with solenoid.
I agree solenoid more likely the issue - has significant failure rate over the relay
You can actually test if relay by just swapping one of the 4 pins in temporarily (e.g. fan relay) lights won't work but starter circuit should; if same problem you know is the solenoid

Stated earlier in thread but to reiterate I don't endorse the high current starter

@Kevin frazier - its the turn signal relay the Touring doesn't have - you already essentially covered that, just got your wires crossed haha no pun intended ....... or was it? :D

I agree solenoid more likely the issue - has significant failure rate over the relay
You can actually test if relay by just swapping one of the 4 pins in temporarily (e.g. fan relay) lights won't work but starter circuit should; if same problem you know is the solenoid

Stated earlier in thread but to reiterate I don't endorse the high current starter

@Kevin frazier - its the turn signal relay the Touring doesn't have - you already essentially covered that, just got your wires crossed haha no pun intended ....... or was it? :D
I've already swapped the original starter motor (cylinder part, maybe motor?) out for the Toyota Solara one. What part is the solenoid? If the relay is weak (intermittent problem leads me to think it's not trashed yet) would swapping the relays be a useful test?

Without you I struggle, im still a student

I've already swapped the original starter motor (cylinder part, maybe motor?) out for the Toyota Solara one. What part is the solenoid? If the relay is weak (intermittent problem leads me to think it's not trashed yet) would swapping the relays be a useful test?

It is a very good test on one that is not working.
On yours if u did this u would b driving w/o a headlight(i think) and if the starter relay is defective your fan might not kick on when needed.

When i get to work (banker hours)
I think i can get u a parts number of a relay with diode that will work.
Just because it is a rebuilt starter does not mean it is good. I remember putting 2 to 4 checker starters on befor i got a good one and would hope it would last.
If u can find an independent starter shop have them check the starter solenoid. Not on a checker but open it up and fix it.

When i got my starter i opened it up and the brushes were not aligned with the armature only about 1/2 of brushes touching the armature.

Just because it is a rebuilt starter does not mean it is good. I remember putting 2 to 4 checker starters on befor i got a good one and would hope it would last.
If u can find an independent starter shop have them check the starter solenoid. Not on a checker but open it up and fix it.
Okay, I'll look into it.

You can buy a repair kit for solenoid for around $15.00, easy repair, if needed, I have invoice with E-mail address. Think listing was posted on here several times.

I also would be interested in that relay #.

You can buy a repair kit for solenoid for around $15.00, easy repair, if needed, I have invoice with E-mail address. Think listing was posted on here several times.
What all is included in the solenoid repair kit? I'm unclear on that

Back