Electrical Gremlins Part 4

Okay, I've ordered the solenoid repair kit and it'll be here as soon as the shipping companies feel like it.

I've noted a strange coincidence with the intermittent issue and me backing the bike down the driveway while it's off. The bike seems to have a hard time starting after it's been backed about 20 or 25 feet while off. I've been scratching my head over this a little, because I don't see how backing the bike a considerable difference should cause it to have issues. Rocking it back and forth does not solve the issue.

Okay, I've ordered the solenoid repair kit and it'll be here as soon as the shipping companies feel like it.

I've noted a strange coincidence with the intermittent issue and me backing the bike down the driveway while it's off. The bike seems to have a hard time starting after it's been backed about 20 or 25 feet while off. I've been scratching my head over this a little, because I don't see how backing the bike a considerable difference should cause it to have issues. Rocking it back and forth does not solve the issue.
Don't believe that plays any part in your problem.

Here's a link to a video

First of all that sounds like u have a bad connection to battery or bad terminal connection.
Some have stated that they haved honked the horn and then it started.
I assume that it makes an ark and then the current will flow through that.
I would check the voltage at the main positive terminal on the starter
while trying to start. I am guessing that it will be around 12 volts then drop below 10 then disengage.
What do u mean u say (i forgot)
Something the gages reset?

First of all that sounds like u have a bad connection to battery or bad terminal connection.
while trying to start. I am guessing that it will be around 12 volts then drop below 10 then disengage.
Bought a new battery over the weekend, bike has not failed to start since... but it still doesn't sound exactly right. Still kind of makes a click just an instant before the engine turns over.

Bought a new battery over the weekend, bike has not failed to start since... but it still doesn't sound exactly right. Still kind of makes a click just an instant before the engine turns over.

i guess we will see what happens.
if it goes into a no start try what i posted.

I think I said "the engine resets" and by that I mean the ECU seems to reset, because it waits a few seconds and then prepares the throttle bodies for the engine to try to start again. The preparation I'm talking about here is the whirring and clicking that it does when you turn on the killswitch normally. The start button doesn't do anything (no click) until after the whirring and clicking has stopped and the bike is ready to start. Thanks for your help, I'll try testing voltage at the starter while trying to start if the issue occurs again.

I think I said "the engine resets" and by that I mean the ECU seems to reset, because it waits a few seconds and then prepares the throttle bodies for the engine to try to start again. The preparation I'm talking about here is the whirring and clicking that it does when you turn on the killswitch normally. The start button doesn't do anything (no click) until after the whirring and clicking has stopped and the bike is ready to start. Thanks for your help, I'll try testing voltage at the starter while trying to start if the issue occurs again.

This goes along with what i was thinking because it has a problem with flowing the current it drops below 10 volts and the engine management relay shuts off
(do to the starter drawing more current than the positive cable can handle) so then when voltage comes back up it acts like u just turned the ign back on.
if u r tired of this problem i would replace the positive cable. make sure the battery bolt is clamping down on the cable instead of getting tight and leaving the cable loose.

Back