Electrical Gremlins Part 4

I personally don't subscribe to the higher wattage starter option, at least on a std motor
Its going to draw significantly more current and the battery voltage will take an even bigger hit than it currently does. I would say the cons outweigh the pro's. JMO
This was evident in one of my bikes - higher draw shut the ECU down.

I found the wire from the relay to the solenoid (Crimp in the relay block) gets lose therefor not delivering enogh power to the solenoid.
I'll be needing to check this next, as when I took it out this morning it repeated the issue :banghead::banghead::banghead:

But ****, that new starter motor sounds really nice when it does kick off.

Last edited:
I'll be needing to check this next, as when I took it out this morning it repeated the issue :banghead::banghead::banghead:

But ****, that new starter motor sounds really nice when it does kick off.
Now that I think about this, actually, is this likely to be the issue if the solenoid is clicking like it should but the starter motor isn't turning over reliably?

Now that I think about this, actually, is this likely to be the issue if the solenoid is clicking like it should but the starter motor isn't turning over reliably?

it is possible that there is not enough volts/amp coming through the relay (points in relay) to completely energize the starter solenoid (bad starter relay/relay terminals bad)
or bad starter solenoid (contacts inside solenoid bad)
easy enough to change relay an check terminals also easy to take a fused wire and run from bat to terminal on starter solenoid ( this will bypass all safety's)
SO MAKE SURE U ARE IN NUETRAL

When my gremlins were working on me, decosse found my EMS relay to be not right, I replaced

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    352.4 KB · Views: 14
Hrm, is the starter relay on the left side of the bike?
Left side, ecu side, brake side no thats flasher relay, the ems relay is the one that cuts power on and off, put your finger on it and turn on key, you will feel it click or close gate allowing power to flow and when you turn off key in 45 seconds it should click opening gate and stopping power from leaving battery, if it doesnt click when you turn key off its bad. now those pins in it may just be jacked up like mitzy said, i changed it because it was draining my battery by not opening gate and therefore no power runs through it as key is off.

Back