64Herald

Been there, done that, now whats next?
Ride
2006 Rocket Classic Bone/ivory
I just picked up an extra ECU and want to see if it's good. Can I just unplug mine and plug the new one in and start the bike??? Should I disconnect the battery before I unplug the ECU??

depends on whether the ecu is for a standard/classic Rocket or a touring or Roadster.
If its for the standard /classic 09 and below then it should work as long as the map is not corrupt. Do you know anything about the bike it came off of? Just thinking if the bike had a Supercharger or any major modificaitions the tune would be off a wee bit to a lot. I would flash another map in it first to be sure.

If you have the right ecu then just plug it into the bike hook up tune boy and fire the map into her. If you have the other tuning aid tune ecu you can plug the ecu into your bike and copy the map that is in it.then you can save the map and take a look see at it. Also the ecu should have the map code (Hex file). on the outside of it. Do you know what year ecu it is?

Yes that will plug in and play. but depending on what the guy did to his bike triple filter and pipes the tune might be off for yours. Heck it could even have astock map in it. Either way it will hook up to a 06 and once you get the right tuning aid which ever one you will be able to load any map and the bike will not no the difference.

Back