Does anyone know what this sensor is and where it goes.

Tony Casey

.020 Over
Ride
2012 Triumph Rocket Roadster
Hi all today i lifted the tank on my 2012 rocket roadster to put in a wet weather usb plug and as i was putting back the tank i noticed that the ramair foam piece had come off and was laying on the ground with this sensor danging on the side. HELP does anyone know what it is and where it goes. The bike starts and runs everything appears to be normal. I am hoping its got nothing to do with the radiator fan temp . Thanks for all your help.

Attachments

• 20161106_152909.jpg
    20161106_152909.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 4
It's the air temperature sensor, it goes in the base of ramair filter, have a look under the filter and you will see a hole for it, it's held in place by a small o ring

Check and make sure the sensor stays put once inserted into the hole of the RamAir. A lot of these filters the hole came from the RamAir manufacture to large and the sensor will not stay put. How they over looked something like this is beyond me.

Check and make sure the sensor stays put once inserted into the hole of the RamAir. A lot of these filters the hole came from the RamAir manufacture to large and the sensor will not stay put. How they over looked something like this is beyond me.
Like they said....its the AIT sensor (Air Intake Sensor) and yes it fits thru the wee hole in the ramair. Make sure you dont damage the tip on the sensor as that obviously is the most sensitive part on it. It measures the air temperature which is entering the throttle bodies so the air/fuel mix remains correct. As long as it is close to the throttle bodies where the air enters, youre fine.
I replaced my ramair with K&N pods and i put a wee filter over it (to protect it )and cable tied it close to the K&Ns and it works fine.
You can see it here in the blue filter.
20160320_193233.jpg

Back