I still have not found any documented reasoning behind not going over to the darkside. I hear all the time about how its a bad idea, but no one I've seen or asked can answer why its a bad idea, other than that car tires belong on cars and if car tires on a bike were a good idea, Rossi would use them. Tripe, I say, show me a case where a car tire has caused catastrophic failure on a bike, where a modern motorcycle would not have failed. I need proof not opinions, if you have an opinion that's fine but its not what I am looking for. Besides the darkside is looking better all the time, and I hear they have cookies there.:)

I still have not found any documented reasoning behind not going over to the darkside. I hear all the time about how its a bad idea, but no one I've seen or asked can answer why its a bad idea, other than that car tires belong on cars and if car tires on a bike were a good idea, Rossi would use them. Tripe, I say, show me a case where a car tire has caused catastrophic failure on a bike, where a modern motorcycle would not have failed. I need proof not opinions, if you have an opinion that's fine but its not what I am looking for. Besides the darkside is looking better all the time, and I hear they have cookies there.:)

Exactly! And the cookies are a major attraction:D Seriously though, if a car were a bad idea, a Boss Hoss w/V-8 power would be a big failure long ago. The contact patch surely is no less with the car tire in a tight curve than the Metz pumped to prescribed pressures and the several videos appear to confirm this. I too look for expert testimony to the contrary.

after further review...

After taking a second look on a better computer I am glad to see it was only the camera that went down. I am still onboard with turning to the darkside on my next tire change.

Back