GPMAZ, you've made your position on car vs MC tires known many times. It's been the same, and that's integrity. I've yet to see someone argue that car tires have the agility of a MC tire. I've yet to see that aspect as reasoning for going over to the darkside. Lighten up.

Jeez, a bit touchy aren't we?? I actually went back and checked, this is the only thread where I've ever commented on the subject of car tires. If that constitutes many times, well then I'm terribly sorry for overstating my opinion. I will certainly refrain from posting in political, religious, and car tire discussions in the future.

As to getting 12k miles from a set of tires, I think that's a matter of perspective. In the last 20 years I don't think I ever got more than 6000 miles from a set of tires. All of my BMWs went through tires at around 4-5000, except the TKC80's on the GS. Too many highway miles had those toast at 3000. The Avon Cobras I have now are at 8000 and still have decent tread left. This is my first cruiser and I guess people expect longer tire life from these things. I'd always thought that better handling meant softer rubber which in turn meant faster wear.

Back