and?

What I saw were:
  1. not to scale graphics (the car tire contact patches were undersized and not to scale), and
  2. a good explanation of why the Metzler loses traction so easily under hard accelaration and braking, thus making it a safety hazard.
simply confirms that I'll be sticking (literally) with my Riken for another 20k miles on top of the 8k already on it.

and?

What I saw were:
  1. not to scale graphics (the car tire contact patches were undersized and not to scale), and
  2. a good explanation of why the Metzler loses traction so easily under hard accelaration and braking, thus making it a safety hazard.
simply confirms that I'll be sticking (literally) with my Riken for another 20k miles on top of the 8k already on it.

Another thing about their data that was flawed is the fact that cars lean the wrong way compared to motorcycles. A car with a high camber angle rolls the tire on to the sidewall because it leans to the outside . A bike leans in to roll more of the tread down to the road.
I wonder how old that article is, my 1978 Suzuki GS 1000 had tubeless tires. I could be wrong but I believe most bikes with alloy wheels were tubeless from the late 70.s on up.

Bottom line,

My 245 Cooper corners much better than the Mezzlers did without loosing traction as easily.

I wonder how old that article is, my 1978 Suzuki GS 1000 had tubeless tires. I could be wrong but I believe most bikes with alloy wheels were tubeless from the late 70.s on up.

I think that car graphic was a Chevy Corvair! That's what their flawed rear suspension did that caused the cars to fold up like a $2 bill and roll.
I just got my tires replaced under the recall today. My dealer is holding my old (~2200 miles) rear Metz that I replace until I can come by and pick it up. When these are used up, I'll be going to the dark side. Had Goodyear tripple tread on the 2 LC's I had and loved them. Ran down all the other cruisers I road with in the twisties and was a lot more sure footed on wet pavement. I'll definately go back!

Back