JackG

.040 Over
Ride
'99 Valkyrie, '06 Rocket III Corbin Classic.
I have been riding the dark side for 14 yrs on my Valkyrie motorcycle. Never a problem and actually feel safer when it comes to flats and in rain. I run a 205 55 16. The rpms are a bit higher but not really noticeable.

Have you tried 205/60/16. Closer to size of original tyre

Do you have the R3T or a "standard" type RIII? If you have a standard, wide tyre version then that is too narrow for the rim. 215 is as narrow as you should go.

You are correct. I shouldn't reply to posts when I am still asleep. :rolleyes:

However, now is the time to try it on your Rocket. ;)

I am talking of my Valkyrie since I haven't wore out this bike's tires yet. I have considered the 215/60/16 but kinda in the rut of ordering the same size each time.

My car is a BMW Z3 3.0i and it has car tires as well(of course) but they are much wider.

Going to try a 205/60/16 on my touring and see if i like it. Only one way to find out.

Darkside

Greeny,Thats what I have on my R3T, it will feel a little bit different when you first ride it but you will quickly become used to it. Keep the pressure around 34-36, do not worry about the slight squishy feeling, just ride it like you would a motorcycle tire.
The squishy feeling means that the tire is doing what it is supposed to do, flex and keep a large contact surface on the pavement.
Contrary to what some Darkside non -believers say, it will NOT go onto the side walls.
You will have twice as much rubber tread on the ground as you would with a motorcycle tire when you are doing very tight turns, so do not worry or think that your tire will slide out from under you, it won't.

Have just fitted 206/60/16 tyre, will go for ride after dinner and see how it feels.

Does feel a bit different when you start going into corners, just have to get used to the feel.

Back