but in any case your right about the rider there is no
supstitute for expierience!!!
right now my r3 weighs in about 800 lbs
and i still can raise the front wheel in 2nd at about 50 mph
and in 3rd at close to 90!
i dont know about you guys when i want to play,
i want to play.
and nothing go's through the gears like an r3

Numbers I've seen published for the R3 say it weighs 750 lbs.
The M109 weighs 650.
I was thinking the R3 is 800 lbs. (it is, wet)
So, in any case, the 109 is at least 100 lbs. lighter.
Suzuki uses a lot of aluminum. The entire swingarm is alloy.
If you check my post you'll see I didn't say it was faster, actually, I said the opposite.
I said the R3 is clearly a faster bike.
I ride both all the time.

Rode with the three generation riders this week end...Had two Vstromes in tow..Goods likes the R3 a lot , that is why I have one. In short we had 4 events worth posting. # 1... A Datona 900 couldn't shake us and give us a thumbs up....He couldn't ride!!!!...#2 The riders at the Harley shop were impressed with the Sardins ...#3 Killed a rodent..#4 Chased a wing into submission...Pops talked to him cuzz he waited for him at a stop sine, and the Wing rider said that he was so relieved that it was not a Harley that chased him down two up...Pops Vstrome was dragging hard parts...His shifter was flat at the pivot point. He said he could have passed me at any time. 400 miles with Goods on the back and have all of that excitement . Only the R3 can Keep Damaged, Goods that happy on a trip....Goods likes the R3 a lot...Her arms were sore the next day. No M109 or any other bike can compare to the R3 on a trip like that.

R3 weight

Xc, that's one of the things I've noticed about the R3- when they designed the thing so big and powerful I think they just stopped caring about the weight. I bought an oil tank embellisher and the thing was a solid casting. It felt like a dumbell when I picked it up. I'll bet you could pick up substantial performance gains just by retrofitting lighter parts where strength wasn't compromised. Of course, I could probably get that by going on a diet, too.

Back