Coolant Leaking

SteveRed

.060 Over
I keep noticing a little pool of coolant on the garage floor when the bike has been parked for a while. Only the last few weeks... Has not happened before these last few rides... Maybe air temp/pressure?? OR a leak?? Anyone else experience a similar problem?? :confused:

Its been a while but I remember a few saying that they had leaks around the water pump. A couple sovled it by tightening fastners. Recently someone had the plastic top on the radiator (which I think is crimped to the metal core) come loose causing a leak. You might start simple and replace the radiator cap. I had a defective one on my '03 speed triple which would leak.

There have been quite a few reports of the radiator cap leaking also.

Here is what you can do to find the leak without a pressure tester.... dry off any moisture or coolant there is on the bike now (A blow gun with some compressed air is good for this). Dust some baby powder around the radiator cap and hoses. Start the bike and let it warm up. Using a bright flashlight or shoplight watch the suspected areas... the baby powder will turn blue (the color of the coolant) if you have a leak. Tighten any hoseclamps if that's the problem.

Or... take it to your Triumph dealer and have him pressure test it, its probably still under warranty :D

And don't be drinkin' the coolant :eek:

Hate to say it but ill bet your rads cracked.. have it tested. ive been through two so far. its plastic junk

Back