Boog

Traveling Story Teller
Ride
2014 R3T, RAMAIR, Full Viking Dual exhaust
I just returned from 2 weeks on the road with work, unfortunately, I had to leave the bike at home. When I drove up late that night, I notice the bike cover was pulled up in front. Usually this is the HOA security checking to see if my inspection sticker is current (but that is another story).

I rode to work the next day and forgot about the cover issue. I did a quick inspection and everything looked ok, I kicked the tires on the big beast and off I rode. Something didn't feel right in the front end. The tires are new with about 400 miles on them so I knew that wasn't the issue. Then it dawned on me to actually check the tire pressure; there wasn't any! I first thought my tire gauge must be broken but it worked on the rear tire and should a nice 45 PSI. But the front tire had nothing to show on the gauge yet it looked completely aired up. It even felt solid to my squeeze (guess I better hit the gym and work on my squeeze now). I grabbed my tire pump and inflated the Exedra Max and it is holding just fine after several days of use now.

Two big points to hit on now:

1. Always conduct a proper check before riding. I learned a kick of the tires does not count with good quality sidewall tires.

2. Bridgestone Exedra Max tires, even when empty still have a tremendous amount of strength when riding. They are not like tires of old that look flat when half full; these suckers held my 865 lb. bike and me at freeway speed and all I felt was a slight wobble on the tar snakes.

I know how lucky I am and how important preflights are. And I know I need to talk to security about patrolling my section a little better...

Glad that you didn't become a victim of some ignorant sabateur, Bobby.:thumbsup:

A firm squeeze of those meats, rather than a swift kick, is my "LazyBoy" method of checking for low tire pressure, but I've never been shy with using the ol' pressure gauge on a regular basis.;)

Saboteur aside... I've had phantom tire leaks and battery draw from my 05 since I've had it. I went out and bought a compressor to keep all my motorcycle tires filled and a trickle charger for my batteries. The only other suggestion i can give is get one of those gremlin guardian bells...:laugh:;)

Last edited:
A good reminder! I checked my tires today before riding after the bike had been setting for most of the winter. The rear was down to 33 pounds on the Excedra Max. It didn't look low, but I'm glad I took the time to check. I hadn't read your post yet, but it's good advice.

So @Boog,
My drift from all this is:
You live in an old folks home neighborhood.
You park your motor OUTSIDE?!?!?!?
You have to purchase vehicle inspection stickers from your HOA????
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!
I feel your pain, my friend!

Just a thought....put a rubber rattle snake or a couple of mouse traps under your cover if your leaving for an extended period of time...give your nosey bodies a second thought for next time.:x3:

So @Boog,
My drift from all this is:
You live in an old folks home neighborhood.
You park your motor OUTSIDE?!?!?!?
You have to purchase vehicle inspection stickers from your HOA????
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!
I feel your pain, my friend!

No Bull, wrong on a couple of ideas there. This is a Townhome area of a larger subdivision; some call it the low rent area (mean people).
I do park outside as there is no garage here :-(
It is the State sticker that the HOA Security looks for along with current tags. Since the HOA is full of Nazi do gooders, they take it upon themselves to police all of us vagrants who let our tags expire. By HOA bylaws, any non-current vehicle will be towed.
I suspect someone, probably a kid, let the air out of the tire. I do my best to befriend the kids and even ask them to look out for my stuff and everyone else. Make them feel important. Hopefully they won't become delinquents...

Back