Comparison of 12 separate 7-inch LED headlight reflectors.

How
According to this video Truck Lite has the highest Lux rating, which I can attest to. I've had Truck lite head and driving lights for over a year. They may not look as high tech as the other models, but I sure can see what's ahead of me. They're also comparatively inexpensive.
How? The truckloght only had 1300 lumens.

How

How? The truckloght only had 1300 lumens.
Lumens - OK is that RAW or EFFECTIVE.

I can attest to the Truck-Lite having a very precise intense beam. Very little scatter. This in my Guzzi.
full
full

And since that comparison - things have advanced a bit

The R3 on twin JWS Adaptives is a fair bit brighter overall - but even so does NOT have that intense core on Dip. Beats the living daylights out of the Truck-Lite at night for overall riding. Plus of course there is the additional curve beam set.

full
full

Dip and fogs - Ah well Now that is something else again

full

Take a look at the Album here to see how well Cheap Chinese lights fare. They too are BRIGHT but are poorly focused.
Some LED LIGHT TESTING

Lumens - OK is that RAW or EFFECTIVE.

I can attest to the Truck-Lite having a very precise intense beam. Very little scatter. This in my Guzzi.
full
full

And since that comparison - things have advanced a bit

The R3 on twin JWS Adaptives is a fair bit brighter overall - but even so does NOT have that intense core on Dip. Beats the living daylights out of the Truck-Lite at night for overall riding. Plus of course there is the additional curve beam set.

full
full

Dip and fogs - Ah well Now that is something else again

full

Take a look at the Album here to see how well Cheap Chinese lights fare. They too are BRIGHT but are poorly focused.

WOW, very impressive. Thanks for posting the pictures. I know a lot of guys use the truck lights on their Jeeps. I put a set of cheap Chinese knockoffs (daymaker style) on my roadstar last year and was amazed at how much more light output. It's an old school looking bike though so it did look a little weird on there but I don't care. Based on all your research, which do you think is the best?

Today - absolutely no contest. JWSPEAKER ADAPTIVE - I have not seen the Chinese copies yet, but despite the price benefits I would need convincing. The new JWS ADAPTIVE GEN2 will be better still than my gen 1. My fogs are also JWS. Worth every penny.

Back