Coming out of the shadows

Howdy Steve! Welcome from East Texas :D
If I can learn to use TunEcu, anyone can........... I believe the Android version is much easier to use (especially initial launch of the App) than Windows version

Welcome from Colorado!
Glad to have you onboard....

Again welcome from UK
Thanks Uneasy, but that easy for you to say. I've been in the electronics business for over 30 years and still have a phobia with wires. But I've got the cable, shopping for the android tablet and will muster the courage to understand the deeper secrets of my machine this spring. All the best, and envy your weather.

Welcome from NJ.
As others have said learning tuneECU is worth the effort and will allow you to trouble shoot and add tunes that really wake up your bike! If you are having a tough time getting the tors you can still get D&D pipes for her. Same money but built better. IMO

Thanks for the tip on the C&Cs Living Legend. I was having a difficult time locating TORS, but that seems to be solved now. As you guys probably know better than I, they were discontinued, but there is still some inventory and Triumph are selling them for $255 as clearance. They are now on order with Team Power Center in Janesville, WI. Very nice lady Christi there, who also helped when I couldn't find a manual. I live in Boston, but go to WI for parts. Gives you an idea of what the local dealers are focused on around here. Selling bikes, then bon chance. Also heard some shops in Nampa, ID and Tucson, AZ still have some TORS.

Let's hope that dealership in WI endures - it is a well-regarded dealership and just happens to be where my Mistress came from.

Buck's Motorsports, a place I happily ordered several Triumph accessories from, is now a former Triumph dealership a/o late last year. They discounted parts (usually 20% off MSRP) where and when they could, but like many others that have either fallen, picked up other lines out of necessity or chosen not to bring Triumph into their showrooms, they seem to have become fed up dealing with the corporation; Triumph screws another one - Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums

The dealership in Philly that lovingly and expertly put my bike back together after my May, 2016 get-off, known as Manyunk Triumph, then renamed Triumph of Philadelphia a couple years ago by new ownership, was a Triumph dealer exclusively for decades. However, just recently, they took on the BMW line and changed their name to Quaker City Motor Sport. I haven't yet spoken to the owner, Mike, but I do wonder if their move was prompted by necessity, as well. When you visit their website, you'll see that what was once and forever a Triumph-only dealership , is now promoting BMW as their lead brand. Sad, but seemingly in line with a trend I've been observing for years.

Triumph's dealership network is not what one could call "robust" and it seems that many that are in the business and in the know, at least in this region, are either leery of joining them, have already walked away from them or steer clear of the marque for those and other ($$$) reasons.

I don't think this trend is confined to just Triumph, though, even though they have had a sparse dealership network all along. The industry is in a significant state of flux by most appearances or measures, and much of this is driven by a simple demographic fact, i.e., the graying of the baby boomer generation.

Harley-Davidson Struggles to Get America Biking Again

12 Motorcycle Statistics That'll Floor You

Topic: Motorcycle Industry in the U.S.

Last edited:
Back