Coming out of the shadows

oldnewR3T

.040 Over
Ride
2013 Triumph R3T
Hey from NE,

I've been lurking on the site for about a year and a half after picking up a used 2013 R3T. 7K$ with only 2500 mi. No major problems, just lack of care and attention. After new tires, fluids, and real horn we were off. This is my first cruiser after of life of mainly sport bikes. But after 5 spinal surgeries and now rods in my neck, it was time to sit back a little. Rented lots of HD, but never had a real attraction, especially when the rocket delivers so much more for so much less$. I've been very happy with the balance and power of this beast and now starting to work on opening her up. As you all know, never enough. Last year was Ramair, TORS are on order, and who knows, maybe we move up to the Carpenter treatment next year. Meanwhile, need to learn this Tune ECU stuff. This is a great forum and very heartening to see all the camaraderie and expertise. I'm just outside of Boston, and moving into the geezer years, so not many friends left to ride with. If you guys are up this way, do give a shout, preferably after the ice melts. All the best, Steve

Welcome. If you download the tune for the Tune ECU that is in the "Derestricting" sticky thread, you will notice an immediate performance gain. The Tune ECU is not hard to use once you get through the learning curve. Lots of info on it to be found on this board.

Ride responsibly.

Hey from NE,

I've been lurking on the site for about a year and a half after picking up a used 2013 R3T. 7K$ with only 2500 mi. No major problems, just lack of care and attention. After new tires, fluids, and real horn we were off. This is my first cruiser after of life of mainly sport bikes. But after 5 spinal surgeries and now rods in my neck, it was time to sit back a little. Rented lots of HD, but never had a real attraction, especially when the rocket delivers so much more for so much less$. I've been very happy with the balance and power of this beast and now starting to work on opening her up. As you all know, never enough. Last year was Ramair, TORS are on order, and who knows, maybe we move up to the Carpenter treatment next year. Meanwhile, need to learn this Tune ECU stuff. This is a great forum and very heartening to see all the camaraderie and expertise. I'm just outside of Boston, and moving into the geezer years, so not many friends left to ride with. If you guys are up this way, do give a shout, preferably after the ice melts. All the best, Steve

Again welcome from UK

Back