Micksan

Supercharged
Ride
2023 Triumph R3 GT, 2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT,
Some of you may have seen my last bit about clutch cables. That cable was too short. The previous owner had installed a different handlebar. The cable was very hard to pull the clutch lever. Plus he had moved the bottom cam off the alignment marks. I guess to get it to fit. I ordered a 6 inch over from Barnet. It way too long but it would fit and work. Plus I was able to install the bar risers. I also got the alignment squared away. I called Barnet and talked to the tech. then ordered one closer to the proper length. Got it in the other day. Now the catch comes in. Using the upper and lower adjustment I got it right on what the book called for. Trouble it not staying in adjustment. The lever gap gets larger. This has happened about 4 times. It is like the cable stretching.
Here is the junk running around my brain. With the old cable staying tight, I am thinking it would be like riding the clutch all of the time. It shifts OK, but I am wondering if the clutch plates or springs may have gotten screwed up. The bike only has 3400 miles on the clock. My wife had her clutch go on her Indian Vintage with a bit over 5K. Turned out to be defective springs. So I am here picking your brains.
Just in case I decide to change out the plates & springs. Any recommendations. My wife will be riding this bike quite a bit also after the trike conversion.
Again thanks in advance
Russ OKC

Pictures may help someone spot something. Does the bracket that attaches to clutch cover flex when you pull the clutch lever?

Back