clutch cable change gone wrong

hed /I tried to move the clutch basket back and forth and it was tight no movement here are the pictures you asked for and some others that might help Ill try and get more of the damaged area later on

Good. The nut is still staked as we discuss on the phone. I see they did do the cam chain guide update. Now as for the lifter shaft damage and the wear on the lifter piece it will take some sorting out because we do not know what shape they were in when the dealer first opened up the engine to do the update and or if he cracked the lifter piece by not have it orientated correctly when he put it back on. Nevertheless, you're getting new ones anyway. I would like to have the old parts for a close up view when you're done with them. I will pay for postage of course and both ways if you want them back.

Last edited by a moderator:
WARP is doing great but i am curious about a couple of things.
how much time and mileage on since the shop worked on it.
before you installed the clutch cable what was it doing. clutch stuck on or off?
was your cable broken?

if the washers on the lifter are wore out the clutch cable might have been adjusted wrong.

WARP is doing great but i am curious about a couple of things.
how much time and mileage on since the shop worked on it.
before you installed the clutch cable what was it doing. clutch stuck on or off?
was your cable broken?

if the washers on the lifter are wore out the clutch cable might have been adjusted wrong.
I had driven approx. 3000 miles since getting the bike back The cable was frayed when I got it back and waited to change it as it was getting worse and I didn't want it to break

I had driven approx. 3000 miles since getting the bike back The cable was frayed when I got it back and waited to change it as it was getting worse and I didn't want it to break
I am waiting for parts to arrive will keep you guys updated on the repair

1211141235a.jpg
1211141522a.jpg
1211141522aa.jpg
I am waiting for parts to arrive will keep you guys updated on the repair

ok parts came in today Here are pictures of old next to new

Last edited by a moderator:
ok parts came in today Here are pictures of old next to new
One more note to add to this problem when I took the bolts off of the front of the clutch I really had to use a lot of force to break them loose, is this normal? I know you have to be careful putting them on to the correct torque setting but does that tighten them up that much

It could be that the shop tightened them too much ,just make sure you use the correct settings when refitting.:)

It could be that the shop tightened them too much ,just make sure you use the correct settings when refitting.:)
ok got it all back together seems to run better and shift better than when I got it back from the shop. Will finish leak check in the am and put the radiator trim back on and hit the road!

Great Dave another Rocket Scientist is born :D

Just a reminder as you would not believe how many have forgot. Double check to make sure you plugged your fan in.

Last edited:
Great Dave another Rocket Scientist is born :D

Just a reminder as you would not believe how many have forgot. Double check to make sure you plugged your fan in.
That I did , took about an hour going over everything I did and then checked once more ...Thanks for all your help also

Back