Changing Brake Fluid on ABS

Trumpeteer

.060 Over
Ride
2012 Triumph Rocket Roadster
I recently did a brake fluid change on my front and rears but then realized there is an extra step needed for ABS (this is my first bike of having ABS brakes). I did a Google search and read that Triumph requires to have some kind of computer program in order to flush out the ABS housing. Does anyone in here do their own brake fluid changes and know what I am talking about? Any information should would be appreciated! Thank you!

I believe I've read that the latest version of TuneECU caters for this.

I also read the instructions. I had it all dismounted and put it back again. The brakes and ABS works but i do not know wether its in optimal condition. Anybody knows what to do best.

I used a vacuum brake bleeder as I figured when the fluid came though the other end all clean and new - all the old fluid would be gone. The vacuum device a got firm eBay for about $30

You can bleed the brakes and change fluid in the conventional fashion but old fluid will remain behind the ABS valves and in associated pipework ! I have the latest version of tune ecu , but I can't find an ABS cycle on it . The dealer tool cycles the valves and allows ALL fluid to be changed .
There is however a way around this I have found , albeit a bit of a pita .
Change out fluid in the conventional manner and then ride the bike , do a few quick stops on a safe , straight bit of road locking up both front and rear brakes thus making the ABS work ! Then home and 're bleed as before .
Do this 2 or 3 times and et voila ! Fresh new fluid throughout the whole system .

I had the abs active several times already and now i'm gonna take your advice to pump around brakefluid once again...thx

My abs works....both back and front..without interference by a dealer..just refil until bubbles are gone.

No way to function the ABS in TuneECU...that requires Dealer Tool.

So I guess what I read is true - we need a program like this to open the ABS valve system to ensure we get all the fluid? Do you have this program? Is all you have to do is engage the ABS portion of the program and then just bleed the brakes as it would normally be done?

Back