CASSODAY UPDATE SUNDAY MAY 7th

Toystoretom

Living Legend
Here is the plan.... It looks like the weather will be OK, when we leave it will be cool, around 45 to 50 F so dress for success, coming back it will be about 70 F. Air up your tires, check your oil, top off the gas.

The Kansas City guys will meet at Denny's just north of I 435 on Metcalf in Overland Park. We will leave Denny's at 6:15 AM sharp and ride about 50 miles down I 35 to HWY 59 where we will stop for just a few minutes. Then we will press on to Hwy 75 (about 30 miles, Beto Junction) where we will meet up with Swanee and his group before 8 AM. From there it is off to Cassoday.

It might be a good idea to bring a small board for your kickstand, when we get to Cassoday depending on the turnout we might be parking in soft dirt in a field.

If the weather turns bad for some reason we will retry in June. Check here and on TRat May 7th early for updates...

Any thoughts or suggestions, please let me know!!! Anyone is welcome, they don't have to have a Rocket III or even a Triumph.

Tomo

Sounds good. From Beto can take the 'pike and still beat majority of crowd--costs a buck or two for the toll but Sunday morning traffic very light, not a lot of trucks on it :cool: OR can take the scenic route via Cottonwood falls (bring clothespin for nose if wind's blowing off the stockyards :eek: on hwy 50...but it's scenic). Otherwise there are several scenic routes you can take going back. We'll decide based on who shows up and their preferences. Doesn't make much difference to me--if I'm riding I'm happy :D

See ya Sunday,
Swanee

Houston... I have a problem...

Somehow I managed to drop an 18 inch wheel onto the shaft of our tire balance machine. The only problem was the third finger on my left hand was inbetween them and now I have 8 stiches in it. Its pretty well mangled and as of right now I can't bend it. I doubt seriously if I will be able to pull a clutch by Sunday. I think it would be best to count me out.

I will try again (for the 3rd time) on Sunday June 4th. If you want to postpone until then that would be great or by all means go this Sunday. Or go both Sundays... I just wanted to give you a heads up :eek:.

Tomo

Toystoretom said:

I will try again (for the 3rd time) on Sunday June 4th. If you want to postpone until then that would be great or by all means go this Sunday. Or go both Sundays... I just wanted to give you a heads up :eek:.

Bummer--hope it heals up fast! Sent you a pm re I'll be at Beto Junction by 7:45 to hook up with whoever from KC area shows up there by 8 or so, then I'm heading for Cassoday. So the rest of you guys come on down if you can--I'll be there!

I go to Cassoday frequently (I'm a little closer than you guys in KC) so maybe we can do another one later this summer and get even more Triumphs there :cool:

I'll probably hold out until June also. Pianoman and I offered to let Tom ride as a pillion with one of us but he didn't seem to like that idea:D :D :eek: .

Ouch Tomo! Sure hope it heals fast.

Looks like it's raining right now in Cassoday but will stop sometime midday on Sunday. KC will have rain tomorrow ending later in the day. Windsor(me) will have rain Sunday as well. Nothing serious,....a 1/4 inch hear and there with totals of between a 1/2 and 3/4 inch.:(

Let's wait until July... I am having some work done on the house this weekend and I think Swanee is out also. In July it should really be hot...

Back