Bugger It's Happened

pjl52

.040 Over
Recently my bike has been making some unusual noises, the noises felt like they were coming from the drive line more so than the trans or engine, it was a clattering sound like a handfull of rocks in a tumble dryer; this had been getting progressively worse, also not sure if it is related but the bike felt like it was pulling to the left as well.

Yesterday I took the bike to my dealer who confirmed my worst fears, the bike would need the full upgrade, as there are not a lot of R3's in Oz they don't keep the upgrade in stock, however they were expecting some to arrive within a couple of weeks so for now I am rocketless (bugger!).

My bike is an 08 standard (February 2008 build date) which I purchased new in August 09, to date I have put 8,500km's (about 5000miles) on it, wondering if this is one of the lowest mileage bikes that this has happened to?

I had read on the various forums that the problem with the bikes had been pretty well resolved by the end of the 2007 builds, I am pretty disappointed that it happened but pleased that it ocurred during the warranty period as I am not sure that Triumph Oz would by their bikes like your guys in the US.

Oh btw, the above happened on my birthday, great birthday present huh!

Peter

Last edited:
Man I hate that happened to you and on your B.day of all things. I had mine done last year in August thinking it would be too hot to be riding because it was so hot here in July. Well as it turned out, the weather was great while they had my bike but the wait was worth it. I really love the results and the piece of mind knowing that it has already been done and I should have nothing but trouble free riding from here out.
I have been known for trading bikes a lot in the past, might be because I used to be a dealer and bought and sold bikes and when I would buy something nice, I would keep it and ride it a while. That was until I bought the Boss Hoss. I rode it the longest, 02 to 07.
My buddy asked me how long I was going to keep this bike before getting something else? I told him that I couldn't think of another bike that I would want to ride other than the Rocket.
Sorry you are going to be without your Rocket and I'm sure time will crawl by until you get it back. Good luck

Big T

Back