Bringing the bike to USA then Canada

ArekDeBoss

Turbocharged
Ride
Rocket 3 GT 2022
As some of you might know I'm in a process of emmigrating to Canada from the UK. I sold my R3 roadster with a hope of getting another one in Canada. Then after a sale somebody here mentioned about a trick of "selling it" to US member and then " buying it back". Just to clarify there is no way of getting UK vehicle to Canada. Checked- no way.
Today I have fell in love again- I just saw a limited black edition of new R3 GT and I want it. But can anybody tell me more about this "trick" so I can bring it to Canada with me?
Please help the old sod in love ;-)

Last edited:
As some of you might know I'm in a process of emmigrating to Canada from the UK. I word my R3 roadster with a hope of getting another one in Canada. Then after a sale somebody here mentioned about a trick of "selling it" to US member and then " buying it back". Just to clarify there is no way of getting UK vehicle to Canada. Checked- no way.
Today I have fell in love again- I just saw a limited black edition of new R3 GT and I want it. But can anybody tell me more about this "trick" so I can bring it to Canada with me?
Please help the old sod in love ;-)

u can buy it and sell it to me for $20 then when u get ready for it we can negotiate a good deal :roll: :roll: :roll:

I fail to see why it is impossible to send it from UK to Canada and register it there. Maybe you will need to change the headlights but other than that...

You may also find that there are problems importing a vehicle from the USA to Canada as well. I don't know if the new trade deal has made it any easier.

That's a big reason I bought my bike in the States and my wife's car when we lived in the States. States for what ever reason they don't want cars or any that's not from the states. When we moved back to Canada a few years later drove up to give my daughter the car it was painless, but if we would have bought the car from Canada change s of able just give my daughter the car would have been very slim.
And if we ever move back I'll have no problem bringing my Rocket back.
Even if you were able to sell too some one in the States and he was able to register it, I would think he would need to own it for at least two years or too many red flags might acute. And could be big penalties like banded from the states. My friend did something on that line and got banded from entering the States for 8 years.

I fail to see why it is impossible to send it from UK to Canada and register it there. Maybe you will need to change the headlights but other than that...
Canada protects its own market. I have double and triple checked. There is no exceptions for vehicles younger than 25 years. That includes cars, motorbikes, jetskis, snowmobiles, tractors etc. NO CHANCE

Canada protects its own market. I have double and triple checked. There is no exceptions for vehicles younger than 25 years. That includes cars, motorbikes, jetskis, snowmobiles, tractors etc. NO CHANCE
If it's part of your property and you relocate that is plain wrong if true

Just ask the embassy what your allowed to bring with you when you emigrate, what dispensations that may be available to you.
Let's drop the subject of importing from the UK. It has been checked and confirmed it is NOT possible.
Can anybody advise in regards to buying a bike from US and selling UK bike to US buyer?
Thanks

Maybe this will help?

Back