snuffcityrider

Living Legend
What kind of mileage are you Captains getting out of your brake pads? I realize there will be a lot of variables between one rider to the next. I took my bike in with 14,000 miles fully expecting to have my pads changed out. Turns out they just bled them and told me that I had better than half of the pad left. Not living in the "big" city I don't have to stop near as much as you city fellers.:rolleyes:

Snuff..........

The difference between you and Pigger is you are old, like me so your pads last longer. When you are young like Pigger, pad life is short because he applies more pressure to the handlever and brake pedal 'cause he's going faster......................:D

Yes I am old, and on occasion go fast and have the wisdom to not go into corners to hot and I remember where most of the stop signs are in advance of getting to them:p:D. No your quite right Flip, the nads do tend to shrink with age, most of my hauling ass is in a straight line.

I was planning on changing brake fluid and replacing pads all the way around at 10K. Tom did a state inspection for me the other day and noticed that the inside pads on the front were wearing more than the outside. I wonder if this is comman? I know I have had some wear the lever seems to travel further than when new.

All that they found wrong with mine was a little air in the line and the fluid looked dirty. They feel like new again. That is in as much as I was willing to try them out. It poured rain on me the whole 60 miles home.

Replaced fronts at about 6000 miles , fitted EBC these will get more than that , think another few thousand , have not worn the rears out yet

I replaced front and rear on mine around the 20k mark. [Don't remember exactly.] The front pads I used were supposed to be the same as stock, but two hard stops in a row and they start to fade. I'm going to replace them again with EBC's before I hit the mountains this spring. Sorry I can't remember what brand they were.

Back