Brake bleeders

Just FYI . . .
I prefer reverse bleeding as I feel it works better and faster, especially regarding air bubbles.
These do not work. Besides, manual tightening is not difficult and more positive IMHO.

Learn something new every day. Never heard of reverse bleeding. I've bled brakes on tractors, motorcycles, cars, press-brakes, trailers, construction equipment, machine tools, etc. for gosh, nearly 45 years now.
Speedbleeders ended the bad experience of bleeding brakes with the wife. "Push down five times and hold honey" "please turn off the radio, I can't hear you" "I know it's hot out here". and the most aggravating one. "Do the brakes feel firm", she replies "Yes". Put on the wheels, drop the car, pick-up your tools, clean-up, get in the car for test drive and the brake hits the floor. - her- "It's firm, but it does travel a bit far"

Only bad thing I've found about speedbleeders - they don't work very well on initial system fill. Your M/C can only move so much volume. Large enough air pockets provide enough system compressibility to allow full M/C stroke without providing sufficient pressure to lift checkball in the speedbleeder. In this instance, I use a vacuum bleeder to help things along. Otherwise, can't beat speedbleeders for yearly brake fluid changes

I dunno...maybe for a contortionist! I’m not as flexible as I used to be.

Manual bleeding, to me, is like playing twister: Left hand brake, right hand wrench.

When reverse bleeding, you are near the bleeder and do not need use of the lever or pedal.

I had a problem with my rear brake, this brake bleeder soon fixed the problem.
5B80C0B8-91DB-4854-8239-5373D1595305.jpeg

Back