Boots for the Rocket...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red Wing steel toe boots.

1617685155197.png

Bought Dainese Centauri Gore-Tex this year. Last boots were Triumph Highway II. Dainese are very comfortable and looks great both under and over trousers. They are very hard, so I feel more protection. Long walks are also availiable: it is no problem for me to walk 1.5-2 km wearing them.

Triumph Highway boots look like toy near Dainese.

Attachments

• 5d7ce126e948fac9688eafb3510ffe0f.jpg
    5d7ce126e948fac9688eafb3510ffe0f.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 18
I need a new pair of boots (mine are worn out).
Any ideas for boots that are not too fat from the front that would fit under the shifter?
I don't want to get those weird looking racing boots.
What are you guys wearing while on the Rocket?
Pics, while not mandatory, are appreciated ;)
Thanks in advance.
Racing gear is the best, safest gear on the market. Anything that applies to a racetrack most certainly applies to street riding as well, if not even more so. Those weird looking race boots provide the best protection by far. All those crazy looking plastic parts slide across the pavement while protecting the foot and it’s associated joints so your foot can’t be forced into an unnatural position that would cause it to break. Just tone down on the bright colors and they’ll be far less noticeable. Additionally, all those parts attached to race boots are individually replaceable if they get damaged. I bought a pair of race boots for the superior protection that they offer. Having been involved in a horrific accident, I can tell you that all those “race” components built into racing gear can certainly prevent a lot of grief on the street. Here in Florida I often see people riding around on their bikes with no helmet, and often times they’re wearing nothing more than shorts, a t-shirt (or no shirt at all), and sandals. They’re STUPIDITY goes well beyond belief. You should dress for the accident that you’re hoping to somehow avoid, but know that your luck’s about to run out. Don’t worry about what others think. They won’t be joining you in your hospital bed. The time to stop skimping out on proper gear is BEFORE the accident, not after the fact.

Now that is really funny. Dark humor, but funny.

My go to boots are Bates 8" tactical sport boots with side zips. Lightweight, comfortable and they breathe.

1617644782057.png

I also have a part of Gasolina Cafe style ton-up boots, which are better for cooler and cold weather, but they do have perforated versions for hot weather.

1617644915390.png

I wear very similar Bates on a daily basis for work and they make great riding boots as well. only issue I have is mine are safety toe boots which can get cold soaked, but the composite toes are WAAAAAAY better than steel toes for that, and weigh much less too!!

Racing gear is the best, safest gear on the market. Anything that applies to a racetrack most certainly applies to street riding as well, if not even more so. Those weird looking race boots provide the best protection by far. All those crazy looking plastic parts slide across the pavement while protecting the foot and it’s associated joints so your foot can’t be forced into an unnatural position that would cause it to break. Just tone down on the bright colors and they’ll be far less noticeable. Additionally, all those parts attached to race boots are individually replaceable if they get damaged. I bought a pair of race boots for the superior protection that they offer. Having been involved in a horrific accident, I can tell you that all those “race” components built into racing gear can certainly prevent a lot of grief on the street. Here in Florida I often see people riding around on their bikes with no helmet, and often times they’re wearing nothing more than shorts, a t-shirt (or no shirt at all), and sandals. They’re STUPIDITY goes well beyond belief. You should dress for the accident that you’re hoping to somehow avoid, but know that your luck’s about to run out. Don’t worry about what others think. They won’t be joining you in your hospital bed. The time to stop skimping out on proper gear is BEFORE the accident, not after the fact.
I wholeheartedly agree with all you said. I ride to work sometimes and wanted to avoid wearing the racing style boots all day while seeing patients. But I think you've convinced me that they may be the best option for the Rocket.

Race gear seems a bit overkill to me for everyday riding, but to each their own, so do what you like and ride safe.

My go to boots are Bates 8" tactical sport boots with side zips. Lightweight, comfortable and they breathe.

1617644782057.png
Those look really nice, no idea if they can be found here is some shop, need to see how they fit before buying online

Race gear seems a bit overkill to me for everyday riding, but to each their own, so do what you like and ride safe.
Having been through a serious accident, there’s a whole lot that can go wrong such as having an ankle getting shoved into a curb causing your foot to bend in the wrong direction and break. Race boots keep that from happening. Regular leather boots, while far better than sneakers, still offer no protection for keeping a foot from getting twisted in the wrong direction or crushed. There’s another alternative however...look at boots for motocross and dirt bikes. They offer up more protection for the ankle as well as your calves. Plus you can get them in your basic black verses having to deal with loud colors.

Americans seem to have some adversity to staying safe on the road, particularly in the eastern part of the country. Having lived in the San Diego area for nearly 20 years, I found that the majority of the serious riders almost always wore racing leathers to stay safe, because obstacles on the street are far more numerous than they are on any track. However, most riders, including myself, rode sport bikes because of the types of roads out there. When you go to Europe, it’s normal to see motorcycle riders wearing full leathers with armor. Around here I see people riding around with nothing but flip flops, shorts, a t-shirt, and no helmet. It’s crazy that the state allows me to ride a motorcycle that way without fear of being ticketed, but should I dare to get in my car and not wear my seatbelt, I’ve committed a major crime. It’s absolutely ridiculous. There’s simply NO legitimate excuse for not wearing a helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back