VABird

.060 Over
Ride
'06 Tiger 955i, 12 T-Bird 1600, '08 "AmeriMaster"
Blue Ridge British Bike Rally 3 Friday 9/21/18 through Saturday, 9/22/18
Rally start both days will be at Peaks of Otter Visitor center (NOT the lodge); milepost 86 on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Kickstands up @ 10:00 A.M.
Sorry this took so long, guys & gals, but I had to struggle with either moving the date or just bypassing the Peaks of Otter Lodge. The thing is that POOL has been booked for several months with 2 weddings for the weekend of BRBBR3 (9/21/18 & 9/22/18). There are a few rooms left, but they will not be discounted (about $180/night). Very few stayed there last year anyway because of the price. I know that some of you have set aside the weekend, so rather than have me mess with the dates, just plan on staying in Bedford; about 12 miles away. It's MUCH cheaper, and closer to a bunch of restaurants.
Days Inn - 921 Blue Ridge Ave., {U.S. 460} Bedford VA 24523 (540)586-8286 will discount 15%
Rates include tax Mention Blue Ridge British Bike Rally:
Thursday, September 20: Queen: $44.20; King: $45.90; 2 Double: $54.40
Friday and Saturday, September 21 & 22; Queen: $73.95/night; King: $75.65/night; 2 Double: $84.15/night
Super 8 - 842 Sword Beach Ln., Bedford VA 24523; (540)587-0100; will discount rooms to $77.20/one king including tax or $88.23/ two queens including tax. Reserve by Aug/20/2018. Cancellations no later than 1 week prior. Rate includes continental breakfast, HBO, Showtime, Wi-Fi, microwave & refrigerator. Rates apply Wednesday night 9/19 through Sunday night 9/23.
<U><I><B>For my money, I'd use the Super 8</B></I></U> In either case, mention "Blue Ridge British Bike Rally" for these rates.
Bedford VA B&B's available also <Title:Link>Bedford Area Bed and Breakfasts and Vacation Home Rentals | Bedford VA Area B&B and vacation rentals National D-Day Memorial is only a couple miles from Days Inn & Super 8.
Variety of chain and independent restaurants in Bedford; only a mile or two east on U.S.460.
Camping available near Peaks of Otter visitor center; 1/4 mile from rally start.
This is some of the best riding east of the Mississippi River; curvy, hilly roads, mostly smooth.
Blue Ridge Pkwy 12.JPG

Can you comment on the current condition of the pavement ? Last several years they have been repaving the Parkway and the system they're using laying down fine gravel first is most uncomfortable riding for a Rocket.

Can you comment on the current condition of the pavement ? Last several years they have been repaving the Parkway and the system they're using laying down fine gravel first is most uncomfortable riding for a Rocket.

What they were doing last fall is all done. I have not been to the north end lately, but about a month ago, they were working on an 18 mile area south of MP 121 (US 220). That should be done, and I will certainly pre-ride any area that I intend to lead a group.
In any case, if I find that they're still doing it, there are plenty of great rides in the area that are off the BRP; some even better.

When I saw British I thought I would be able to attend. Maybe I'll come over the pond for a British one next year

Presently without a British Bike...but @VABird if you still got that Speedmaster with a checkered past come late February I may take it off your hands.

Recently rode the BRP from MP 14 all the way to NC border.
NO GRAVELLED AREAS!!
We'll see what next month brings.
John... I hope I don't but will keep you posted.

Back