blowing fuse for rear brake light?

420ponies

R834YA (bike plate)
Ride
2009 Triumph rocket 3 roadster
The only thing I have changed are the headlights to LED's , and rear tail light and rear license plate to shorten up turn signals. I ride, Hi beam indicator comes on then goes out, get to destination, no tail light, no plate light. I have brake light(GOOD) just no tail light or plate light. found both 5 amp fuses blown, replace them ,good to go until next stop. Any Ideas?

You screwed something up when you tinkered with the rear wiring and something is shorting out, would be my guess.

I mean, you did work on the tail lights and indicators and are now blowing fuses, it's a pretty obvious conclusion to come to - something did not get done properly.

I had a wire rubbed naked between fender and frame of course at the worst possible place run a new wire from side cover to tail light Fixed it

Well, got it fingerd out!! the parking lamps were shorting each other out! I took the yellow wire and wrapped it with electrical tape and put back into bulb connector and all is good. only problem now is the high beam light comes on after about 35 minutes riding time. tail light and license light still good.

Back