When I worked there I would go to Great Falls and have a trophy made, a small one with a motorcycle on top. We would bend (crunch) the MC and have a plaque made commemorating the recipient as the 1st MC wreck of the year brought to our ER. If the 1st one seemed the type we would give it to them. Actually it was well received, some levity in a terrible situation.

bob

Wishing you both well... and may your girl repair nicely... Deer burgers! :)
-MIG

I was taught in driving school so many eons ago...that no one HAS the right of way. Only that in circumstances, you must YIELD the right of way. I could have given said deer the whole road, had she been visible in the slightest. But they stand invisisble in the shadows until your headlight lights the road and being able to see they leap. The ones that are familiar with the drill will come closer to the edge of the road so that they can BE seen. You can tell a savvy buck because he will have the biggest and tallest horns indicating no vehicular incursions in their life, or at least a minor one which may have served to teach a lesson about roads, and the mechanical beasties thereon.

Going back to SE NC to retrieve bike from storage, and deliver to my dealer. Good chance Insurance will be willing to fix. But it depends on dealer not finding worse stuff than the adjuster. Here's hoping....at least if they do total it, I should break even.

Back