Big thanks for the education on my new (to me) Rocket!

Bull

.060 Over
Ride
2007 Rocket III Classic Tourer
Hi all, been trolling here for a while. Seen some posts complaining about dealers so I wanted to say something nice about two. In February I purchased a 2007 Classic Tourer from a dealer in Chicago, I was nervous about buying a bike I hadn't ridden but I fell in love... so you know how that goes. Had a brief discussion with the dealer about what happens if something is wrong and he simply said "We'll make it right." I don't think they had a chance to really get it out themselves. Turns out once the weather was nice enough to take it out and really give it a go it would pop out of second gear when under a decent load.

I worked it out to take the bike to the closer dealership in Detroit where the diagnosis was confirmed along with a few other things. It needed the update kit along with a new clutch, a few corrections to some home brew wiring issues and they added a cigarette lighter (may take up smoking now). Just got it back and everything works great now.

The biggest thing is Windy City Triumph stayed true to their word and made it right... with no hassle! So thanks to all of you on this forum, great discussions. Big thanks to Rob at Detroit Triumph for his mechanical mastery. And a Huge Thank You to Windy City Triumph for being stand up guys!

I bought my R3T from Windy City Triumph. They are a class act. They trailer-ed my bike along with a T-Bird LT my friend Kevin bought for a total of $200.00. It is almost 4 hours to drive down here.

Going in for my 500 mile service June 1st to Falcone in Indianapolis. Hope to have good things to tell about them also.

Seems like middle Amerika fares better than the left and right coasts. My bike came from Team Triumph in Janesville, Wisconsin ( home of Speaker of the house, Paul Ryan) and both my bike's original owner, who purchased and serviced his bike there for several years, and I have nothing but good opinions of their service.

I recently had some major work done at Triumph Philadelphia (PA) formerly Manyunk Triumph and had a terrific experience with them both with their work quality and customer service... IMHO, a five star agency dedicated to Triumph and only Triumph motorcycles, although I'm certain that they are more than qualified to service most other brands.

I bought from Windy City Triumph also. Had good experience with them. They even put a front tire on for me cause JD wasn't happy with the one on there.

I bought my R3T from Windy City Triumph. They are a class act. They trailer-ed my bike along with a T-Bird LT my friend Kevin bought for a total of $200.00. It is almost 4 hours to drive down here.

Going in for my 500 mile service June 1st to Falcone in Indianapolis. Hope to have good things to tell about them also.
Had my speed triple serviced there a few years back. From the limited amount of experience I had with them I was satisfied. Saw my first Rocket there... like seeing boobs for the first time! You get excited and can't think of anything else.

While in Indy you should check out my buddy's brewery, Cannon Ball Brewing Company. Great beer and great food as well.

Thanks for your post @Bull . Its just good to hear some positives about dealers from time to time.

Back