Big hello from Indiana .

George for f#cks sake go and eat something ... you're skin and bones ............... Aussie sense of humour , sorry mate :cool: .. welcome.
Any place that has Christmas in the middle of summer has got to be loopy.:rolleyes: That's not saying that aren't all that way 'round here.:confused: Welcome. Gird your loins and grip the bars, you're in for a wild ride.:thumbsup:

Welcome George from another Newbie to the R3 world!
My 14 R3R is the Flat Back (faster) model. ;)
I just passed 500 miles and am enjoying getting to know the bike.

Someone commented that you changed out the shocks; what was the change?

I ride a lot of country back roads here in Texas and am finding the Rocket is really rough on the less than perfect asphalt. I am interested to know if there is a way to get a softer ride.

G'day George from one of the Aussies on the Forum, Er I hope you don't mind me saying but if that is you in your avatar, I suggest a little more work on the bicep curls, and a few minutes on the pec deck ,just saying,:cautious:
Hahaha, no that's not me,

Welcome George from another Newbie to the R3 world!
My 14 R3R is the Flat Back (faster) model. ;)
I just passed 500 miles and am enjoying getting to know the bike.

Someone commented that you changed out the shocks; what was the change?

I ride a lot of country back roads here in Texas and am finding the Rocket is really rough on the less than perfect asphalt. I am interested to know if there is a way to get a softer ride.
I was after a shorter seat heigh, so I went with progressive brand, 1 inch shorter. Quality of ride I believe is a little better , but then again I went with the least expensive model. And you get what you pay for. This I do believe.

Welcome George. There's quiet a few pipe options available if all you're looking for more noise. TORs - Triumph Off Road - are probably among the cheapest and good value for money. Staintune also offer something similar but cost a lot more. Plenty of other slip on options. To get the best out of you bike you really need to look at full full systems such as CES (check the Rocket Science thread), Reband (check the Ponters Headers thread), Carpenter, Jardine or Zard to name a few. You'll find info on all those on here.
Thanks , I do want to go with a full system. I do have more time that money so I research.
I understand that carpenters brand does not come with baffles or heat shields? I will be contacting them before I pull the trigger on this project.

Welcome George. There's quiet a few pipe options available if all you're looking for more noise. TORs - Triumph Off Road - are probably among the cheapest and good value for money. Staintune also offer something similar but cost a lot more. Plenty of other slip on options. To get the best out of you bike you really need to look at full full systems such as CES (check the Rocket Science thread), Reband (check the Ponters Headers thread), Carpenter, Jardine or Zard to name a few. You'll find info on all those on here.
Got it, thank you.

Welcome aboard from New Jersey, George! How you doin?

First things first. Sell that Hardley while it still has some value. Now that you have the Beast, it's just going to collect dust and cobwebs... you'll see!

Welcome aboard from New Jersey, George! How you doin?

First things first. Sell that Hardley while it still has some value. Now that you have the Beast, it's just going to collect dust and cobwebs... you'll see!
That's is true, haven't been on the Harley for a month. It's my grocery getter, or GG as I refer to it these days...lol
All good here in Indiana .. How is jersey ? I took a trip to NY some time back. And went to rawway.
A bike club there ... Fun times.

Back