TriumPhil

Living Legend
Ride
'07 Mulberry Red, Carpentered & Bruted R3 Standard
Looking for opinions on whose "highway" bar is the best quality, Triumph's or Rivco's? Fitment, strength and chrome quality are my main concerns.

I don't have any experience with the Rivcos. But I have had both of the Triumph bars. The 2nd set of OEM bars are stronger, I have highway pegs mounted on them (the Triumph adjustable one's...see photo album) and as far as I know they went on fine (dealer installed).

Good luck,

Dennis

35 dtg Dubai
36 dtg Home

I have the Rivco's although I like the shape of Triumphs better. Mine have held up well with 0 flex. Fitting was no problem since the dealer installed them:) Mine are three years old and still look good and I have pegs on them as well ( kuryakyn).

Darn you Snuffcityrider, now he is going to have to flip a coin.

Dennis

35 dtg Dubai
36 dtg Home

I have the triumph ones..i assume that i have the latest as i had them fitted to my new bike in september and they seem to be strong and well made and of pretty good quality...hope this helps

ray

I've the older OEM bars :(
1. Chrome on rear set is corroding.
2. New model front set are much stronger, though I don't own a set I have compared them closely. No give while older OEM bars flex at motor mount bracket.
3. OEM bars extend outward further than Rivco's thereby protecting the radiator shroud much better, IMHO. In fact, I don't believe the Rivco's would protect the shroud at all.
4. OEM bars are vertical along the same lines of radiator shroud, whereas Rivco's slant inward. Mounting highway pegs squarely on the Rivco's might require special 3 way articulating top dollar brackets? ;)

Have to disagree with my friend MrRocky:D
1-Unless Triumph have actually hired someone who knows how to weld I would not trust the bars as far as I could throw them. The first bars were a danger to any rider who used them, they would break apart with the weight of your big toe on them.
2-They do extend out further but if they are going to break easy what good does it do.
3-I have the highway pegs on my rivco bars no special mount is needed any 1" clamp will work just fine.
My two bobs worth(or as Skip would say two schillings worth) but if you buy the triumph ones please please check them out first.:)

Back