Best $550.00 I have spent in a long while

G'day Hanso,it sounds like it was a one day operation sort of ride in ride out ,is this the case could you let me know the details how to contact Mick as I want to get my GTR seat customised ,thanks Hanso

Geez what a tough crowd, just to state the oblivious the circles are just a pattern that Mick uses on most of his seats he does, I think he would change it if it was something you did not want, and yes Jim I do have two balls and Ann definitely has none!!!!
On a serious note Chris yes it is the grippy surface that allow movement from side to side but is resistive to sliding back and forth
Ken his detail as follows
MJM Custom Motorcycle Seats
Ph # 02 4821 6166
60 Maud Street
Goulburn NSW

He is friendly easy to get on with and he a good guy.... he must be he is a Triumph rider himself as I found out, he has a speedy and a tiger800 and sitting in the shop a MV Augusta Brutall.
He will do seats if you send it to him with a photo of you on bike plus your details eg weight etc but the same day service is best I reckon as he can look at you sitting on it and then explain/ discuss what will be done, I spent ten minutes chatting and picking the colours and texture of the vinyl, he showed me some pictures to help with which way to go, I had not thought about the grey side panels till he showed a picture of his tiger 800, I then handed him the keys and wandered of in to Goulburn (about 3 km so a taxi would be a good option if you don't like to walk much) where there is lots of coffe shops/ takeaways etc and on Mick's suggestion went to the Movies which used up 3 hours "Bladerunner 2045" was an awesome movie
Ken coming from up your way I would suggest you stayed a night before as he will want you there 8.30 am and the seat won't be finished till 4.30 pm, but he did mention he is usually there from 6 am so if you stayed overnight and organised to drop it off earlier you might getaway earlier, there is Motels only a short walk from his shop

Last edited:
Forgot to mention he also built the height up a bit as even thou I have the standard seat in the higher position it could be a tad higher, triumph do actually make a higher version and a lower version (for the Lupe amongst us, sorry Lupe the :evil: made me do it)

Au$550 (US$440). Great price for effectively two seats. I suppose it would be about $350 (Us$289) for just the front or similar for an R3 riders solo.
The workshop is just 60 mile or less from me. Clunk, clunk, whirr and the gears start turning - me and @Mittzy (the Rag and Bone men) could supply him with used R3 rider and/or pillion seats for recovering and sending to Oz or O'seas captains using the customer's weight and photo option. Save with international postage only one way and no interruption to riding your own.

Could be a cheap option to keep the pillion happy too.

He does not use his website anymore, must be getting enough business just word of mouth and m/cycle forum recommendations these days.
Still a couple of photos and contact details though.

MJM Custom Motorbike Seats - Under Construction

Last edited:
Before
DFCAE9C0-3C12-4E2B-8095-F6BFF80BB57A.JPG
And after
678BF416-7A29-402D-A7EB-F8F371038E4C.JPG
I was up at 5am this morning so I would be on time for my appointment at MJM Custom Seats in Goulburn today to have the seats of my Triumph Explorer worked over by Mick the seat magician, I could only go 1/2 hour on the Stock Seat before the pain would start, when finished the seats look amazing to say the least and Mick mentioned that the seat would be a bit firmer to start with but already it was a large improvement as soon as I sat on it I could feel it support my but a lot better, home is down at Batemans Bay so this would be a good initial test I thought as my but was ready to cut my throat on the way up in the morning, I only got about 100km into the trip home and I could feel that not only had the seat become more comfortable but was actually the best seat I have been on and I used to think the Corbin I had on my last bike was good .... this kicks it's bum big time, I got home without any pain and in fact feeling quite fresh. Thanks Mick You Are a Legend
Looks like a great job mate.

Back