Switch mounted in plastic on right side neck:
Another question for TD: How did you get only the rocker switch part to stick through the plastic? In your instructions you said that if you cut the hole properly the switch will snap securely in place. I have attached pictures of my switch, is it the same one you have? Seems to me the switch that came with my lights, the little ridges around the top of the black housing would keep it from snapping into place. Need more help again please.

Attachments

• SW1.jpg
    SW1.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 54
  • SW2.jpg
    SW2.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 55
  • SW3.jpg
    SW3.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 53
In the pic below you can see that the switch has some spring clips on each end. From the backside of the housing you should be able to squeeze the clips and the switch can pop out from the housing.

Attachments

• 2011-07-24_17-15-39_249.jpg
    2011-07-24_17-15-39_249.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 54
Custom Dynamics (same company that makes the electronic load equalizer for turn signals) makes a headlight flasher unit. I have one installed on mine that works during the daylight hours only and can be shut off by flashing the high beams. It's legal in all states and makes the bike very visible by drawing attention to it. In fact, I often have cars that pull over to let me by thinking I'm a cop. I have the bike set up so I can turn off the lights, flash the lights, have them work normal and at any time I can flash the high beams with the factory switch.

My primary visibility concern now is getting slammed in the ass end from someone not paying attention. I plan to install the tail light flasher sold by Easter Beaver when I can spend money again if I still have the bike.

Custom Dynamics (same company that makes the electronic load equalizer for turn signals) makes a headlight flasher unit. I have one installed on mine that works during the daylight hours only and can be shut off by flashing the high beams. It's legal in all states and makes the bike very visible by drawing attention to it. In fact, I often have cars that pull over to let me by thinking I'm a cop. I have the bike set up so I can turn off the lights, flash the lights, have them work normal and at any time I can flash the high beams with the factory switch.

My primary visibility concern now is getting slammed in the ass end from someone not paying attention. I plan to install the tail light flasher sold by Easter Beaver when I can spend money again if I still have the bike.

And also custom dynamics I have found to be a great company to deal with .I have purchased several products from them from brackets Led accent lights and more recently my halogen silver bullets . They have always answers my emails quickly and just been a very professional bunch to deal with. I will definitely purchase from them again
Regards Mitch

And also custom dynamics I have found to be a great company to deal with .I have purchased several products from them from brackets Led accent lights and more recently my halogen silver bullets . They have always answers my emails quickly and just been a very professional bunch to deal with. I will definitely purchase from them again
Regards Mitch
How about a link buddy?:D

All of their solid state electronic control modules are nice weather proof units that have cooling fins and are easy to mount. I like the fact that they dissipate heat very well, the simple resister type load equalizers get so hot they melt plastic parts around them.

"My thought being, that in a sea of white lights, the yellow will stand out. Whether or not it really works is hard to say, but I do notice that cars are very quick to move to the right when I come up behind them."

Yep that's what I do. I started with my Harley bagger passing lamps. I noticed every M/C I saw coming at me during the day time with white passing lamps just seemed to blend in in the sea of white light. But, the one's that had amber passing lamps seemed to jump out at me. Much more noticeable during the day. As for night riding, they ain't worth a darn. But I don't ride at night anyway. The Amber, clear non fluted bulbs look way better than the clear ones do also!

Also, I changed out my head lamp bulb with a Sylvania "Silver Star Ultra" bulb. WAY more light than the stock bulb! I run my head lamp on high beam with the passing lamps on all of the time during the day light when I ride. also.

I get flashed by on coming cars sometimes, but I figure hey,, that just means they are working like I want. If they can't see ya, they will kill ya! :D

Back