Story time, Rebuilt after being totaled, just to die 1 week later ..

Namikuz

Rev'em high, Rev'em HARD!!!
Ride
2005 R3
Yup, I did a buy back after the insurance totaled my Rocky, new pegs, straightened out the foot rest framing, few other things. Shifted with more effort, but well.
Rode from Salt lake to Pinos Altos N.M. having a great time, then I went to start Rocky, no go, put up the side stand, fired right up, Oh I was in gear....nope, went to go, I was still in neutral, no light, popped it up in gear, clank, popped back out, put BACK in gear, fine. Rode several miles, shifting felt off, then it happened at around 55 mph, CLANG, SKREEEEETCH, and no more 4th or 5th and aweful noises in all but 4th, which is now neutral.....
So I sold Rocky to my brothers neighbor for what I paid for the salvage and flew back to S.L.C.
(Josh is gonna try and repair Rocky)
Gonna miss that Rocket.
My next one is in the mail!!!!

Bummer dude! I really have nothing to add except I feel your pain. :(
. Thanks.
My Rocky had 68k miles and I was the 2nd owner. When I bought him, I had to fix the harness and get 'em to run, paid $3k in Houston rode him back to S.L.C. and rode the pajeebers out of him so, No regrets.....my new (to me) is posted here under "Anyone know this Rocket" so, eh, I'll miss my first but #2 is what I wanted to do to Rocky anyway.....

Back