The Tigers will take off, don’t know how this would impact the rest of the models.

I doubt KTM can afford Triumph.

It could end well for us if they did, but I suspect not.

KTM is, after all, the company who refuses to make a liter class sportbike because of "public safety".

Some how the 1290 Superduke is not a safety concern?! LULZ

The litre thing is probably a legislative "issue" in the EU. The 1290 is over a litre.

Some countries (Spain) boost taxes etc over a litre - others have issue over 100bhp.
I recall my 1200 Buell costing a relative fortune to insure in Germany. But was under 100bhp so was not too bad.

It has surprised me how many EU mfrs are currently aiming at the mid-size market at the moment. Maybe they know something we don't.
Also - I have read how the emerging markets seem to be rejecting LARGE bikes. I don't know if that is due to physical dimensions of purchasers or the costs.

I doubt KTM can afford Triumph.

It could end well for us if they did, but I suspect not.

KTM is, after all, the company who refuses to make a liter class sportbike because of "public safety".

Some how the 1290 Superduke is not a safety concern?! LULZ
KTM could afford triumph with the loose change in a back pocket, KTM and Bajaj auto are a huge company with revenue of over 1,000,000,000 euro in 2016

Didn't realize they're as big as they are until after going and looking it up.

Their dealer network is a disgrace for their size, at least in the places I've lived in the last 10 years.

It's hard to take a vehicle company seriously when they are a "also sell" brand in other shops for me.

A local dealer sells KTM, just three miles from my house, but it's difficult to get excited about anything they are doing. More of an ATV shop.

Back