Ah....the wife

I'll try and call her tomorrow, she was pretty mad at him on Thursday nite last week, her recommendations may be a little on the dark side, but she may have "lightened" up since then.
I do know that he has no charger yet for his cell phone, his wife was supposed to bring it out to him...I think today.
Dennis

When I went down my was pissssseeeddddd.

No so much at me for the accident, but she was scared by the results. It might be the same situation.

You ain't gonna get it out of me.

I am not at liberty to discuss the "why", though some of it is because of the wreck.
Dennis

Do Something!

Anyway, I had already proposed :confused:via PM's to some of you to collect some money and send a "collective" get-well gift to Baggage1. A multi-shop purchase voucher, maybe. Whatever. But something meaningful.

Now, upon reading the last messages, part of the donation could go towards a mail order bouquet of flowers to Ms Baggage1 :confused:

Hold on a sec! I know this might read facetious, condescending or plain macho, but why not? If part of her legitimate aggravation could be deflected back to the herd, i.e. to us, it might be a bit less heavy for her to bear.

And it would show her that, Rocket ownership and riding aside, we care about him AND are considerate of her.

Anyone volunteering to coordinate this from a US base (which seems to make more sense than Switzerland) ? My humble $ contribution in the air mail to the champion upon receipt of his postal whereabouts.

Jamie:cool:

Last edited:
Latest update on Baggage1

I just spoke to Bob's wife and all she wanted was for you guys to pray for him...he's going to need it.

It appears that he transferred out of Baptist Hospital yesterday and is now in an assisted type living home called Bayside Manor. He is expected to be there about 6 weeks doing rehab.

I just left a message on Bob's cell phone asking if there is anything he may need/like to have while in rehabilitation. As soon as he gets back with me I'll ask him if he wants to give out his cell number (has a trac phone so his minutes may be limited).

He is/was running a slight fever (100 degrees yesterday) but that is all I know at this time, if I don't have an appointment tomorrow night, I'll go see him when I get off of work at Sears.

His wife sent me picutes of the wrecked Rocket (it was totaled) but it didn't really look that bad. Handle bars were messed up, tank is dented, rear fender damaged, one Leatherlyke bag missing, the other damaged, tires looked good and the engine looked fine so I don't know what was going on there (as far as being totaled).

Stay tuned to this thread for more updates.
Dennis

Last edited:
Back