Bad drivetrain Noise coming from rear end.

I took my cover off and could not replicate any noise. Mine seems much stiffer than G8's and no audible knocking like his video. I also do not have that sound when riding.

Exactly my point, the roads I ride on arent poorly maintained roads. they are smooth as can be. Makes no sense. They said this to me with a straight face, what a joke
Well I had the my local Burbank Triumph dealer SM tell me they had cleaned off all the oil sweet/seepage from the bottom/rear of my engine when they did the service. Imagine my shock and horror when I took a peek underneath the bike and found it to be all dirty from oil and sand after only 50 miles of riding, I thought WTF, I've got a serious oil leak here, as I am not the trusting kind I cleaned the engine myself and see here after 200+ miles of riding the engine is still clean...

Dealerships really do make or break a brand's reputation. :(

I took my cover off and could not replicate any noise. Mine seems much stiffer than G8's and no audible knocking like his video. I also do not have that sound when riding.

was it in neutral?
with the load off?

It was probably in 1st as that's how I usually park it.
to get a good test it would have to b in neutral so that there would not b any pressure on the driveline
that way u could rotate it both ways and feel any play in the shaft.

to get a good test it would have to b in neutral so that there would not b any pressure on the driveline

Makes sense! I'll give it another go whenever it stops raining in two days lol

Mine was making that noise both in 1st and neutral if that helps.

Mine was making that noise both in 1st and neutral if that helps.
yours did not have any load (in other words the weight of the bike was not pushing on the compression of the motor)
it is hard to tell what the problem w/o hearing the noise.
u could try to take the palm for your hand and bump like shocks,fenders,brake calipers,mufflers,ect while listening for a rattle/noise.
here lately i have found 3 different parts broken. right saddle bag mount, right side mount for sissybar , and now right side rear crash bar,
seems very odd to me that all 3 were on the right side but maybe the right side vibrates more than the left :laugh:
found one of the brakes while driving from the back of my shop to the front w/o my helmet. like whats that rattle

I once heard a noise toward rear of vtx1800, without helmet on a whine, thougt it was shaft drive. Bought a used one. same noise! turned out to be rubber washers that fall off when you take cover off. factory glued them on but come off.
ok, not relevent. carry on.

Back