Bad drivetrain Noise coming from rear end.

HAH! heard back from dealer today, yes indeed my output shaft is messed up. waiting to hear back for warranty work approval now.
Would be interesting if it was the output shaft from the engine- looks more like the movement is in the drive shaft spline rather than the output shaft itself actually moving relative to the engine. If the driveshaft spline is just undersize or something then it's a easy fix but if the output shaft is faulty then a much bigger job! Keep us posted on the exact diagnosis when you get it 👍

Would be interesting if it was the output shaft from the engine- looks more like the movement is in the drive shaft spline rather than the output shaft itself actually moving relative to the engine. If the driveshaft spline is just undersize or something then it's a easy fix but if the output shaft is faulty then a much bigger job! Keep us posted on the exact diagnosis when you get it 👍
Thats my bad for wording it wrong, you are correct. They did indeed tell me it was something to do with the splines wearing out.

old thread now I know,but here goes anyway.my 2020 rocket 3 gt is making the exact same noise.the dealer put it down to my aftermarket exhaust
and recommended refitting the standard exhaust.I bought the rocket secondhand here in Thailand with 30,000 kilometres on the clock.within a short
time I noticed a small oil leak on top of the gearbox.Strangely,the guy that sold me the bike never noticed the leak during the 30 K he owned it !!
I lost the bike to the dealer for almost 5 months so they could fix the small oil leak.pictures attached.to be fair they did lend me their demonstrator
for this period.add in the fact that the recommended tyres are not available in Thailand, also Triumph Hinkley were a complete waste of time,which
was another dissapointment. The engine sounds like a bag of nuts and bolts has been thrown in,I'm sometimes embarrassed to start the bike when
people are around.luckily,I kept my Kawasaki VN 2000 to ride over here in the sunshine !!! all in all, I'm one pissed off Rocket owner.

Attachments

• 20220422_110314 - Copy (2).jpg
    20220422_110314 - Copy (2).jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 20220422_110325 - Copy (2).jpg
    20220422_110325 - Copy (2).jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_20220615-204733_Photos[1463].jpg
    Screenshot_20220615-204733_Photos[1463].jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Back