arizona .. west of phoenix

albertaduke

former airline pilot without the big bucks
Ride
2021 rocket3 GT
Drove all the way from Canada to Yuma, Arizona . . .
IMG_20190128_104319-1.jpg

and spent a month in Yuma. Mexican border is a few miles south and that is where I had dental work done in Los Algodones. Two hundred people take that border crossing every day for the same reason - an incredible saving. So much so that I cancelled my Canadian dental plan, and if need be I can fly down from Vancouver and get dental work done quickly and right away and still save about 60% on cost including hotel. Imagine a new bridge + a crown and a root canal: all US $1,120 versus a Canadian quote of CAD $12,000.

I took my rocket down to Yuma as well and here is a picture of the kind of curvy road one can expect within 240 miles around Yuma . I nearly fell asleep more than once.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess you could be in a good position to tell us about your mileage (with a reminder of the engine mods) ?

This is a GREAT post -- what this site is all about.

THANK YOU THANK YOU

thanks for posting..looks like the roads in south Florida..looong straight and boring...dental work in Mexico huh...I should consider implants maybe..[/QUOTE
Drove all the way from Canada to Yuma, Arizona a . . .
IMG_20190128_104319-1.jpg
ago and spent a month in Yuma. Mexican border is a few miles south and that is where I had dental work done in Los Algodones. Two hundred people take that border crossing every day for the same reason - an incredible saving. So much so that I cancelled my Canadian dental plan, and if need be I can fly down from Vancouver and get dental work done quickly and right away and still save about 60% on cost including hotel. Imagine a new bridge + a crown and a root canal: all US $1,120 versus a Canadian quote of CAD $12,000.

I took my rocket down to Yuma as well and here is a picture of the kind of curvy road one can expect within 240 miles around Yuma . I nearly fell asleep more than once.

Ouch! people in NZ complain about medical costs but I got to the local witch doctor in our nearby town and can get xrays, filling and a full clean for $110.00NZD (guess about $65USD) AND they give you a new toothbrush, toothpaste, and the string stuff in a little waterproof bag ideal for motorcycling. Also the view is over the river while your there is calming. We dont know how lucky we are...

I'm glad we're getting left off maps

kinda looks like hwy 191,funny clicked on and read youre post now I am getting ads for adult resorts in mexico

Dave,
The AZ 191 I have ridden many times from Bozeman, MT to Morenci has no straights like this.

Edit - WOW! 191 goes all the way up to Canada and down to Mexico!

Last edited:
Dave,
The AZ 191 I have ridden many times from Bozeman, MT to Morenci has no straights like this.
just did"nt go far enough
Edit - WOW! 191 goes all the way up to Canada and down to Mexico!
it is a long road with some good riding

Back