Are all driveshafts created equal

happyhenry

.060 Over
Ride
early 05 standard,delivered july 04
Looking for a new u joint/drive shaft, and finding 3 different part numbers, are they all the same?? And if not are they interchangeable??

Would not be surprised if they varied slightly over the years. There have been changes but I don't know to what.

The Touring is different, accounts for 1 number . Not sure why there are 2 others.

Never seen them side by side but when they first introduced the roadster, it supposedly had an upgraded drive train to deal with the "huge" increase in power (yawn).

Looking for a new u joint/drive shaft, and finding 3 different part numbers, are they all the same?? And if not are they interchangeable??

I have a u/joint driveshaft from a 2013 roadster if you are interested..PM me

Last edited:
Was that one properly cooked in the fire :D
indeed however I do not see any heat damages the u-joint are silky smooth the rest is all metal if somebody buys it I will inform them of the slow cooking

hey duke I guess that wont fit my bike, but what are the differences,seems the splines would stay the same or the diff would be different. the parts listing said one part # would fit 2006 to 2017,but the roadster part # would not fit a 2005 doesn't seem right, and theres a price difference.

Back