Fuel Stabilizer, is it all snake oil?

I've used Stabil 360 over multiple 12- 15 month deployments and have had no issues with my R3T or classic car over the years. I didn't use it to keep the gas fresh, I used it to keep the fuel system from gumming up. Does it work??? I don't know but so far I haven't had to do any teardowns for cleaning (I haven't had access to non-ethanol gasoline).
-MIG

After years of taking my machines to be "resurrected" - even after faithfully using STABIL - one of the mechanics finally shared the secret. Further research confirmed it.

Last edited:
I've always been a fan of winterizing my bikes, lawnmower, vehicles,(all 4 strokes) by throwing a bit of Marvel Mystery oil down them before their season of storage.....Prob. not good for cat. converters........Passed on by old family friend, "if top end and carb has some oil in gas, the gas may partially dissolve but the oil will stay and keep everything loose over the extended period".......

I got to talking to one of the owners of Vintage twins in Arvada Colorado they restore and repair all British twins and triples. He told me if you really want to screw up your vintage bike store it with Sta-bil in it. It creates a coating thats extremely hard to get cleaned out. He absolutely hates it.

I got to talking to one of the owners of Vintage twins in Arvada Colorado they restore and repair all British twins and triples. He told me if you really want to screw up your vintage bike store it with Sta-bil in it. It creates a coating thats extremely hard to get cleaned out. He absolutely hates it.
How long do you think it might take for the system to be damaged with the Stabil in it?

Screenshot_20221226-163004.png
Screenshot_20221226-162816.png

Back